• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Chronic relapser (opiates, methadone, benzos)

jrey

Bluelighter
Haven't been on this forum in years.. I am bored, can't sleep, depressed and craving so I decided to just share a little about myself on here. I've been using opiates since i was 14, and I am 25 now. I looked back on my posts on here from almost a decade ago and I am just shaking my head on how stupid I was back then. I wish i could of slapped the shit out of my younger self to prevent myself from getting into opiates or any drugs. So when i was 17, after 3 years of recreationally using opiates, I got hooked on black tar heroin. Started dripping it into my nose using a visine bottle and water, then smoking it, then eventually slamming it. I was on it for 3 years using around a gram a day. None of my family knew I was using at all even though i had an abscess before and my dad rushed me to the ER. I told him it was a spider bite, lol. I was tired of my addiction so i decided to tell my parents about it when i was 20. I tried outpatient rehab, but my addiction was just too strong so my dumbass got on the methadone program. I was on methadone for 3 years. In those three years i felt like a zombie and a slave. I often went on binges on xanax and klonopin, popping so many that i overdosed a few times. I blacked out so many times and ended up in psych wards i don't know how many times. I got into 5 accidents while driving on benzos on top of methadone, 2 of them I totaled my car. I am so lucky i never got a DUI. I just showed the police my methadone card. They had no proof i was on anything other than the methadone i was legally taking. I ended up in jail a few times from blacking out too, but not from the car accidents. I remember living in the cold streets of San Francisco for a few weeks smoking crack, popping pills, etc. I remember getting jumped, getting robbed at gunpoint, jumping off of a balcony, and jumping out of a moving vehicle, all when i was going crazy with them benzos. From all that i broke 2 sides of my jaw, my ankle, my knee, sitches on my lower lip, nose, and chin. I got clean off of the benzos for a while, but i was still on methadone. I was doing pretty well. I was going to school and working. I ended up getting 2 weeks of methadone take homes to visit my homeland in the Philippines. When i was there i met a girl who i eventually fell in love with. I went back to the Philippines a few months later to see her again. When i got back to the US i was so depressed and helpless because i was such a slave to methadone. I eventually relapsed again on benzos. I told myself this is enough, i got to get off of this shit. I did research and found out about ibogaine. My mom was willing to send me to a rehab in Mexico to do ibogaine. But before i go to Mexico, i had to get off methadone for at least 2 weeks using prescribed morphine in replacement of the methadone. I was on around 100 mg of methadone and to get off of it i had to take 90 mg of morphine 3 times i day. But i still felt methadone withdrawals even on that much morphine. I got sent to the rehab in Mexico where i went through ibogaine treatment. It was a success (I'll share my experience in Mexico in another post). In the rehab we also did ayahuasca and peyote. I got sent to the Philippines after Mexico since the Philippines is the only country in Asia with no heroin whatsoever. I was living with my girlfriend there. She was very supportive of me. I stayed there for about a year to get my shit together, but i drank often, got easily prescribed benzos, got hooked on tramadol (OTC in the Philippines), and even used Philippine meth, or "shabu". I eventually got off all the drugs in the Philippines but was still drinking a lot since drinking is very normal in the Philippines. I never felt the same after getting off methadone so drinking and all that other shit was what i thought helped me. Then i went back to the US and started working. But i relapsed on heroin and benzos again and my mom sent me back to the third world country of the Philippines in July 2017. When i was back in the Philippines i tried going to culinary school, but relapsed on shabu and benzos and tramadol. So my parents sent me to a nice but very cheap rehab in the PI. It was so cheap compared to the rehabs in the US and Mexico that my parents was able to pay for my girlfriend to stay there with me to help support me. The rehab was a big house where you can go in and out if you want, if you have the privilege. I was doing pretty well at that rehab. Until i found out my girlfriend of 2 years, who i was planning on proposing to one day , was cheating on me with a client in that rehab. That is another story. That deceiving and manipulative bitch needs more help than me. But anyways i relapsed very bad on shabu and benzos. Keep in mind, Duterte is president in the Philippines and there is a crazy "war on drugs" going on where thousands of people suspected of using and pushing drugs are getting killed legally or put in prison for life. Even for cannabis. But that never stopped me cuz my addiction is just so strong. I got into a fight where i was beaten with a baseball bat and got rushed to the hospital cuz of my head injuries. When i was there in the hospital i ended up getting injected with something and woke up in solitary confinement in a FORCED Philippine lock up rehab. No one would tell me what was going on. I was not allowed contact with anyone, not even my parents. That forced rehab was the most terrifying and horrific time of my life. I will tell that story in another post. But anyways i ended up escaping that rehab after 2 months. It was September 2018. First thing i did was smoke shabu. I was on the run paranoid as fuck for a while in the slums of Manila. My parents ended up getting it handled and told me it is safe for me now. So i moved to my ancestral hometown where all my relatives were, so I would be safe. And some of my relatives there are involved with politics so no one was able to touch me. I decided to change my life for good this time. Started eating very healthy, exercising, and bodybuilding. Even quit cigarettes and alcohol. BUT i was an everyday kratom user, to help me get more motivated and just feel "normal". And that shit grows naturally in the Philippines. Was clean off everything (except kratom) for a few months. then I slipped up a few times but always bounced back. Now i am back in the states working as a cook at a Hilton. I am still on Keaton. I am struggling everyday. Craving everyday. I still am trying to eat as healthy as possible and work out 6 times a week to help deal with my depression and cravings. I am so scared of relapsing, but at the same time I crave because sometimes the pain is just too much. I Didn't realize i was going to write this much. I have a looong story with my life experience, from the US to the Philippines, i feel like i can write a book. But anyways thanks for those of you who read this. I just decided to start writing for some reason since I am lonely as fuck with no one to talk to.

Last edited:
Wow! Your life story sounds fascinating. Ibogaine, rehab, phillipine jail, car accidents, holy shit, it sounds like you've had a pretty tumultuous time in addiction. It sounds like you're doing almost all the right things - what's your Kratom use like? Are you on a stable dose or do you escalate it to get a high? It seems to me Kratom in recovery can be used as a tool for maintenance/recovery analogous to methadone or subutex or as a substitute to use recklessly to try and get high on, which I don't think would be conducive to getting clean. I'm only a year older than you and I've been struggling with opiate addiction for years as well, but I'm getting to the stage where I'm just sick of all the shit that comes with using and my life has been nowhere near as dramatic as yours. How long have you been sober or just on Kratom?

Wow! Your life story sounds fascinating. Ibogaine, rehab, phillipine jail, car accidents, holy shit, it sounds like you've had a pretty tumultuous time in addiction. It sounds like you're doing almost all the right things - what's your Kratom use like? Are you on a stable dose or do you escalate it to get a high? It seems to me Kratom in recovery can be used as a tool for maintenance/recovery analogous to methadone or subutex or as a substitute to use recklessly to try and get high on, which I don't think would be conducive to getting clean. I'm only a year older than you and I've been struggling with opiate addiction for years as well, but I'm getting to the stage where I'm just sick of all the shit that comes with using and my life has been nowhere near as dramatic as yours. How long have you been sober or just on Kratom?

Yea. I often think why am I still alive? What is my purpose in life?? Like wtf.. Sometimes I even think maybe I did die many times but I’m just in a different parallel universe, lol. I’m not on much Kratom compared to other users, maybe around 2 mg every few hours 4 to 5 times a day. I’ve been Kratom for more than a year. I guess everyone has their own definition of being sober, and this is sober for me. I don’t take Kratom to get high, and even if I take a lot I don’t get high. I get an uncomfortable dizzy feeling. Best thing I get from Kratom is my first dose in the morning when I get a little “glow”. The only time I got off it was when I got sent to that lock up rehab, the withdrawals weren’t that bad. Also got sent to a Philippine psych ward back in February cuz I went to Cambodia. And I came to find out any opiates and benzos are OTC in Cambodia. So u know what happened. I Got back to the PI going crazy and got sent in but got released in a week. But I never really withdrawaled bad from Kratom when I am forced into situations like those. But for some reason I feel withdrawals more when I run out and I’m not locked up. Guess a lot of it is just in my mind. But of course Kratom withdrawal is nothing compared to methadone or heroin, IMO. Kratom to me really helped change my life and helped get me on track. Without it, idk where I would be. I am so afraid of relapse. Every time I relapse, I go ALL OUT. As if I don’t care if I die, as long as I get high.. and just forget..

Yea. I often think why am I still alive? What is my purpose in life?? Like wtf.. Sometimes I even think maybe I did die many times but I’m just in a different parallel universe, lol. I’m not on much Kratom compared to other users, maybe around 2 mg every few hours 4 to 5 times a day. I’ve been Kratom for more than a year. I guess everyone has their own definition of being sober, and this is sober for me. I don’t take Kratom to get high, and even if I take a lot I don’t get high. I get an uncomfortable dizzy feeling. Best thing I get from Kratom is my first dose in the morning when I get a little “glow”. The only time I got off it was when I got sent to that lock up rehab, the withdrawals weren’t that bad. Also got sent to a Philippine psych ward back in February cuz I went to Cambodia. And I came to find out any opiates and benzos are OTC in Cambodia. So u know what happened. I Got back to the PI going crazy and got sent in but got released in a week. But I never really withdrawaled bad from Kratom when I am forced into situations like those. But for some reason I feel withdrawals more when I run out and I’m not locked up. Guess a lot of it is just in my mind. But of course Kratom withdrawal is nothing compared to methadone or heroin, IMO. Kratom to me really helped change my life and helped get me on track. Without it, idk where I would be. I am so afraid of relapse. Every time I relapse, I go ALL OUT. As if I don’t care if I die, as long as I get high.. and just forget..
2mg or 2g? 2mg of kratom is nothing unless it is like an insane extract?

Oops I meant 2 g. I’m used to saying 2 mg maybe because of all the 2 mg Xanax bars I used to pop, lol.
Lol. Just slipped up popping 2mg of lorazepam. Anyways that is even less than what I was taking every few hours. I was taking around 2.5 to 6 grams multiple times per day. The one ounce bag only lasted a couple days but still that is heavy use I feel. For someone who doesn't need kratom as medicine. Sometimes I would vomit having taken too much. Without even combining it with alcohol. True sign of a reckless addict abusing it.

^I believe in you nutty, you can do it. ?

Crazy story, so glad you are here to share it with us @jrey

^I believe in you nutty, you can do it. ?

Crazy story, so glad you are here to share it with us @jrey

Thanks. I don’t really share much about myself with other people. I know how most people I know think of me, and they all judge me and don’t understand me
Lol. Just slipped up popping 2mg of lorazepam. Anyways that is even less than what I was taking every few hours. I was taking around 2.5 to 6 grams multiple times per day. The one ounce bag only lasted a couple days but still that is heavy use I feel. For someone who doesn't need kratom as medicine. Sometimes I would vomit having taken too much. Without even combining it with alcohol. True sign of a reckless addict abusing it.

It is all good bro. It happens. One thing’s for sure though. I am never touching benzos again, even if it is in front of me (idk if I’m just saying that). I tend to go all out and end up waking up in psych wards or jail.. But idk if I can say the same about heroin/opiates. I am at the point that I won’t go out of my way to look for opiates. But if it is in front of me, I’ll relapse for sure tbh. Just got my first paycheck since I got back from the Philippines and I’m actually letting my mom hold my money. Because idk if I can handle my own money at the moment. I really hope I am not like this forever.