• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Children's toys?

CrazyC

Bluelighter
Any other grown adults here still love playing with toys while high? I am an older woman who should theoretically be way past the age group for which these items hold a fascination, yet just this week I bought a colored bubble-gun - for myself - and a friend of mine bought me one of those "Dreamlights" they advertise on television, basically a stuffed animal that displays colored stars on the ceiling at night. I have had it turned on every night this past week, I love it:) I discovered the allure of blowing bubbles during acid trips back in my college days and I never outgrew it. Things like Play-Dough, Lite Brites, and Legos still have the capabilities to amuse me for longer than they do small children. I was just wondering if the drug use strengthened these tendencies or if they are just part of my personality/and or mental illness:)

Happy Friday everyone, have a safe and fun weekend!

C.

With all respect I think that is a bit strange if I am being honest. Unless you are on hallucinogenic drugs or have a serious brain injury then I see no reason why you would want to play with children's toys. It strikes me as being a little bit Norman Bates. Do you run a B&B?

I collect Transformers & whilst I don't play with them as such I do enjoy working out the engineering of the toys whilst high.

I have the same animal night light. Mines a stuffed turtle with a hard shell that projects the constellations in various colors. I just bought it because I thought it was neat. Inside came a guide to the constellations so you could point them out on the ceiling.

But playing with toys while on my doc's isn't that fascinating.

Last edited:
I have the same animal night light. Mines a stuffed turtle with a hard shell that projects the constellations in various colors. I just bought it because I thought it was neat. Inside came a guide to the constellations so you could point them out on the ceiling.

But playing with toys while on my doc's isn't that fascinating.

Whether youre serious or not, animal abuse is not funny.

Jesus-Fucking-Christ man!!!!! It is 1pm. Where the fuck is the postal delivery bitch??? HHNGGGGGGGG!!! I want to get high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand funky lights being nice during an acid trip, but play dough and legos? Not really.

Legos are the shit. Your argument is invalid.

I can see how these things could be fun. I have bears (like teddy bears) that I sleep with at night (high or not high, lol).
I am not one for psychedelics anymore, but my boyfriend loves to draw and colour and stuff when he's on them. And he HATES drawing/colouring, anything like that, in general.
Oohh I do love bubbles too!

well i personally really like buying the kids arts and crafts kits... they can be a lot of fun :) while sober

Legos are the shit. Your argument is invalid.

Agreed. I knew a 40 y/o architect who loved paying with lincoln logs. He doesn't have any developmental issues he just builds houses every day and enjoys it

Certain old toys are def still fun and nostalgic. My friends and I love passing around bop it after a bong. I could see in some situations where it's viewed as a psychological disorder tho

Any other grown adults here still love playing with toys while high? I am an older woman who should theoretically be way past the age group for which these items hold a fascination, yet just this week I bought a colored bubble-gun - for myself - and a friend of mine bought me one of those "Dreamlights" they advertise on television, basically a stuffed animal that displays colored stars on the ceiling at night. I have had it turned on every night this past week, I love it:) I discovered the allure of blowing bubbles during acid trips back in my college days and I never outgrew it. Things like Play-Dough, Lite Brites, and Legos still have the capabilities to amuse me for longer than they do small children. I was just wondering if the drug use strengthened these tendencies or if they are just part of my personality/and or mental illness:)

C.

UM... I just bought one of those lights... hahahaha. I also have ALOT of those egg or animal shaped lamps that change colours (probably close to 20 in the shape of eggs, dinosaurs, bears, mushrooms, neko cats etc)... Lots of bubble guns/wands. I have about 10 fluffy monster toys that I attach to my rave pants. I FUCKING LOVE PLAYDOH!

I can understand funky lights being nice during an acid trip, but play dough and legos? Not really.

Clearly... you have not tried! Hahaha. I think it's just something funny to concentrate on while your high... like... me and some mates got on speed and bought a heap of glow in the dark/UV recative plastic beads and made kandi bracelets for HOURS. Another time, me and my partner bought a psychadelic puzzle and tried to complete it while on pills.. funny as hell!

Last edited by a moderator:
My god, I played with my stepsister's kids yesterday all day. I fucking hate action man, batman, toy story and whatnot figurines. I've never played with any of 'em when I was a kid because I already found them boring then.. Toy "guns" kill people! I died a little inside while I was "firing" a plastic "gun" that was about 1inch long at the batmobile. (A teenage mutant ninja turtle was behind the wheel.)

Kids had a great time though.. I'll never understand why she has 5 kids though, or how she does it.

When I'm playing with them with my son & gf yes. I crave that more than anything else.

2-6 years old : "OMG I LOVE ALL THIS TOY I'll NEVER STOP PLAYING EVEN WHEN GROWN UP"

10 yo : Hmmm, guess I'll keep a few of these for memories sake.

15: "Throw away ALL the toys"

Now: "I could have sold them."

i have to agree with the how fun childrens toys can be they bring you back to where life wasnt hard its like a little escape in its self sometimes i bust out my legos or techdecks or whatever but sometimes you just need a little mental escape that isnt substance related dont get me wrong they are just as fun when you are on a substance. i just truly think they give you a breif mental escape which we all need

C.

Oooh, yes. Lite Brites are fucking awesome. So is Play Dough. However, Barbie dolls are my thing. Dressing them up, (they have fabulous clothes) and brushing their hair. I love it.

But the best thing is blowing bubbles...I can do that for hours.

The drugs bring out a childish side of me, which I gladly embrace.

Last edited: