Celexa (citalopram) for Depression.

sinzz

Bluelighter
As any one tryed this Celexa (citalopram). I am about to start takin it for anxiety and mild depression. Any replys will be helpful.

Last edited:
yes, been on & off this med @ the 40 mg/day level for about 8 yrs. were you just looking for ppls experiences or did you have a specific question about the med & its efficacy etc

I found celexa to be quite effective in treating mild to moderate depression. It also did help with anxiety, but it took over 2 months to work for me. Unfortunately the second time I started taking celexa it did not work like the first time, and have found no other SSRI or SNRI to be of any help.

What I highly recommend is combining the celexa with wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, and greatly helps with the decreased energy levels associated with depression. It can also help elevate your mood because of it's action on dopamine, the pleasure chemical.

start

yes, been on & off this med @ the 40 mg/day level for about 8 yrs. were you just looking for ppls experiences or did you have a specific question about the med & its efficacy etc

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to take this medicine for mild depression and anxiety. Starting at 40 mg tablets 1 in the morning. Peoples experiences anything helpful about the medicine.

Last edited:
I found celexa to be quite effective in treating mild to moderate depression. It also did help with anxiety, but it took over 2 months to work for me. Unfortunately the second time I started taking celexa it did not work like the first time, and have found no other SSRI or SNRI to be of any help.

What I highly recommend is combining the celexa with wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, and greatly helps with the decreased energy levels associated with depression. It can also help elevate your mood because of it's action on dopamine, the pleasure chemical.

I have tryed wellbutrin it worked ok for about 2 or 3 weeks. It done wonders for my depression but nothin for my anxiety worsened it! And i really do need something for my anxiety because it is very, very bad.

If this drug is discussed any where else on this forum please post link.

Celexa (citalopram). .

Thanks

I did a search of the forum- Looks like there were a number of times "citalopram" was listed- CLICK HERE for the search results.

In the future- When at the Dark Side main page, in the top right corner of the thread listing you can click "Search this Forum" and search for whatever you'd like- You can also click "Search" on the top bar (same place that lists User CP, Forums, Log Out etc.) .

I did a search of the forum- Looks like there were a number of times "citalopram" was listed- CLICK HERE for the search results.

In the future- When at the Dark Side main page, in the top right corner of the thread listing you can click "Search this Forum" and search for whatever you'd like- You can also click "Search" on the top bar (same place that lists User CP, Forums, Log Out etc.) .

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

i get this message when i click link.

Bear in mind, anti-depressants affect everyone differently. Just because someone has bad or good experiences, doesn't mean that you will.

That said: I've taken three different anti-depressants; celexa has been the easiest one for me in terms of having very mild side effects. It has been good for mild depression but takes a while to work. It might affect your sleeping, so you'll have to work out a good time to take it (e.g. it might make you sleepy, or might stop you getting to sleep). I'd suggest taking it on a weekend or day off when you first take it - the first few times I took it, it made me very woozy and confused.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon :)