Cant stop taking bupe because of depression...

DustnRoses

Bluelighter
I have been an off and on addict (oxymoron?) for about 7 or 8 years...I've recently binged longer than planned (doesn't that always happen..?) and have been using suboxone to try to "coast" out of withdrawals, as my job absolutely can not know about my use. I got my dose all the way down to roughly .25mg every 36-48 hrs, but right around that 48 hr mark, I get this extreme depression, and boredom, and lack of interest in doing anything, which forces me to take another little bit of bupe, and within 20 minutes, my mood stabilizes, I want to talk to people, do things, etc. It really is bizarre how something so serious and heavy as depression can be lifted that quickly, and life can seem not so bad, where as a half hour prior, I wanted to cry in my closet...I've just recently told my girlfriend about my drug history and that I kind of sort of have a problem right now, but she thinks I have no drugs right now and am just having a tough time dealing with some serious issues in my life...which I am, but my opiate dependence makes everything more complicated...

Is there any good way to beat the depression when coming off even the tiniest dose of sub, like mine? I'm starting to consider getting on it indefinitely, or getting on methadone indefinitely, as I cannot seem to manage to live life like a normal person without opiates of some sort.

the short answer no, just make it a bit better but you will have paws(post acute withdrawel system) - depression, fatigue, boredom, lask of motivation, problems sleeping and some minor more,

what you can do to ease it a bit i actully just wrote in a thread a bout depression but allmost the same goes for recovering from paws

Good remedies:
hot bath's - (helps ease the body a bit, and make you a short good body feeling.)
sunlight - (and lots of it, a b-vetamin lamp can even help, but is nowhere neer real sun)
activities - (active and social prefered, some sort of body training need to be hard.)
good food, nutricients - (important to get your vitamin and nutrucient levels back.)
sleep cycle - (important, can be reduced or increased by depression, but keep rutine times.)
good rutines - (get up, eat, do some rutines, go to sleep the same times. it does make you in a better mood, believe it or not...)
cleaning - (yeah maby its not funny but if you do it it helps you allaround, social, mood,)

Less good: (medicine) - (Only if needed, medicine are only a last resort!.)
muscle relaxers,
hypnotics
sedatives
anxiolytics
OTC medicine (anti nausia, anti inflamery and joint paint medecine)

Should only be used when needed, and in low doses!

i hope some of this helps you, one thing that helps the most in my oppinion is social activity, visit some friends or get some to come over and that way when they see you dont take drugs no more they will get back in contact with you one way or another and just takes time, but it happened way faster then i thougth it would, i was lonely i dindt knew when the heck to do... but it helps

is it was me i would just keep taking the small amount of sub you are maintaining on and then be happy take the time, just slowly do it more rare so you dont get depressed, maybe your just still jumping for to high a dose at the emotionel state of your life you need to wait... whatever works for you!

and good luck with the paws!

I feel your pain. Without suboxone or some kind of opiate I'm severely depressed and can barely summon the energy to stand up. Much less participating in life as my normal self. All it takes is some kind of opiate and it's like getting hit with a miracle stick. Suddenly I'm not only alive but in love with life - happy and doing things. I'm facing the same choice. Back to drugs and trying to find a way to maintain my habit without destroying my life, or permanently taking suboxone. Personally I wouldn't want to be methadone again because in my experience it dulled my mind greatly. To say nothing of dealing with the methadone clinics.