• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cannabis stigma as a teacher and riding Heroin Skateboards?

lolis my thesis

Bluelighter
I work at a school as a teacher. I also take methadone daily; keeps my pain at bay; never seen actual Heroin....
BUT; I really wish I could buy a HEROIN brand skateboard; and ride it at the skatepark where there are kids from class

However; ever mentioning cannabis is openly discouraged by administration; even though kids 13 years or younger can sport Brewery Hats, pot leaf socks, etc.

My real beef is that for adults, cannabis is just as legal as alcohol; and teachers openly drink about town after hours. Plenty of them also partake of the Devil's lettuce.
Both Cannabis and Alcohol remain illegal for kids but they've all seen what their parents do at home by now. I caught an eighth grader with a lighter just yesterday,
But mum's the word in school regarding cannabis; and it peeves me that the administration asked me not to wear a lanyard that had a marijuana dispensary name on it.

It was a free, "dope" lanyard with an Oregrown label on it.
I can't quite get over it. I wonder what would they think if I cruised into class with a Heroin brand skateboard, lol
I'm actually not gonna get one or sweat wearing a particular lanyard. Im a big boy now!
Discretion is the better part of valor and such......
Just food for chewing; a thought experiment I ruminate upon while babysitting bratty teens and tweens.
Is there any way for me to open up regarding my use of cannabis?
I have learned to keep my mouth shut regarding taking methadone!

I work at a school as a teacher. I also take methadone daily; keeps my pain at bay; never seen actual Heroin....
BUT; I really wish I could buy a HEROIN brand skateboard; and ride it at the skatepark where there are kids from class

However; ever mentioning cannabis is openly discouraged by administration; even though kids 13 years or younger can sport Brewery Hats, pot leaf socks, etc.

My real beef is that for adults, cannabis is just as legal as alcohol; and teachers openly drink about town after hours. Plenty of them also partake of the Devil's lettuce.
Both Cannabis and Alcohol remain illegal for kids but they've all seen what their parents do at home by now. I caught an eighth grader with a lighter just yesterday,
But mum's the word in school regarding cannabis; and it peeves me that the administration asked me not to wear a lanyard that had a marijuana dispensary name on it.

It was a free, "dope" lanyard with an Oregrown label on it.
I can't quite get over it. I wonder what would they think if I cruised into class with a Heroin brand skateboard, lol
I'm actually not gonna get one or sweat wearing a particular lanyard. Im a big boy now!
Discretion is the better part of valor and such......
Just food for chewing; a thought experiment I ruminate upon while babysitting bratty teens and tweens.
Is there any way for me to open up regarding my use of cannabis?
I have learned to keep my mouth shut regarding taking methadone!
Try to get a script for medical cannabis from a doctor perhaps?

Like it or not, as a teacher you're rather looked upon as a role model. And even though cannabis is legal in a lot of places, openly "endorsing" it while teaching kids probably isn't the greatest of ideas. Especially since your administration has already explained how they feel about it.

Do they really let the kids wear pot leaf adorned clothing and alcohol related logos on clothing?? That was never allowed at any school I went to and it’s kind of hypocritical if they let the kids wear this stuff and not the teachers.

Caviat; Although a drug user over 35 years, I eventually grew up and have tried very hard to be a good role model and teacher and father.
Not unlike my parents before me, mom was a high school math teacher and I was ditching classes and taking her car out for joy rides to the market for beer with my friends; I was no angel.
We grow up in a post-boomer, semi enlightened world where the kids have access to drugs of all kinds by middle school, somebody always has an older brother that gets junior high!
Get it, Junior High? Ha ha. I just think the administration is missing something by insisting that pot is off limits for conversation to this day. Not that I am going to change that.
Cuz I get that being a role model is a teacher's biggest influence. Sometimes more than a kids parents. But its "monkey see, monkey do" largely, and I know first hand a lot of these kids have pothead parents.

My own fine son insisted on pot leaf socks from about the 6th grade on. My valedictorian daughter was appalled; constantly, for about 5 years while boy went thru a "rebel" phase.

Middle school miscreants are vaping in the restrooms daily; caught an eighth grade boy with both a vape and a lighter (didn't find the weed). Probably in his underwear where I hid mine!
They are helping themselves to their parents pot; but we, as teachers, have to pretend like the issue does not exist? A tad ironic, I wonder if its like that elsewhere than the USA?
Junior borrows dad's car, gets pulled over, cop finds weed, and kid says "fuck it is my dad's"? Get out of jail free card!

I mean, when I was 13 or 16 or 26 or older even I was a complete pot head and at the beginning my parents were beside themselves;
I was also using meth and X; and cocaine and LSD or mushrooms, whenever we could get it, coke or meth was frequently snorted off the gas station hangout's toilet!
Some of my friends graduated to smoking meth by 17; never any needles, but the meth use was crazy, bunch of asshole kids hovering around the pookie. But I got over (some of it) it eventually

Dad was busting pipes with sledge hammers; me running out of the house to hide the bong from my mom who found it under my bed.
She left the smokes and the girly mags; took the pot and the bong.
Drama city!
They later found out about X, coke, acid, etc. Mostly because I told them, but I think they kind of knew all along, but had their heads in the sand.
Not much has changed in that regard regarding the puritanical teachings of parents and deviant doings of kids.
Half my dad's friends died with their cars in a ditch and an empty bottle of booze; life was kinda like the series, Mad Men. Three packs a day and a bottle of Jack; but pot was uncalled for lol!

They still love me now; and always did. Sometimes kids go sideways; while parents pull their hair out with worry! Coming of age and shit.

My sister, was valedictorian, and I was a miscreant. My daughter was goody two shoes valedictorians and my son was lucky to get his GED. As pot got him in tons of trouble and he failed school.
I actually don't even smoke weed anymore; but I use CBD and CBG and CBN which I acquire at dispenseries. I started having panic attacks with THC,
Same thing happened to my son and pot is no longer his drug of choice.
He abused it so badly that he had hypermetriosis or whatever its called when you are barfing every morning from overuse of Pot.

Gawd raising kids is a tough job. But never stop loving them, is my philosophy. At least I have honest conversations about drugs and my son tells me about his festivals and mescaline, DMT, or acid trips; and he tells me how he is afraid to trip now, and how smoking pot gives him panic attacks, so he quit that too.
Now if he could get off the vape and the beer; he's 21 so he can buy whatever the f he pleases at this point.
Doesn't mean my job is done.
Sorry to go off on a tangent, a lot on my mind!

Play the game.. I don't but, I pay for not playing it. Some of just can't learn to play their game.. however if we can play their game while winning ours?

It is certainly now or never; make a mark, make in indelible as can be, cuz it will be over soon enough and not much of what one did or didn't do will be disappeared by the next generation.
just my two cents. I don't need to wear my heart on my sleeve and rage against the machine. Just thinking about our changing mores.
I like playing the game for now; but I work part time so I don't have to grind it out day in day out.
I am not going to tell any kids about my personal propensities nor am I going to bring it up at the next staff meeting.
I'll just like, abide. Knowing some secrets is better than showing all your cards at once.

It is certainly now or never; make a mark, make in indelible as can be, cuz it will be over soon enough and not much of what one did or didn't do will be disappeared by the next generation.
just my two cents. I don't need to wear my heart on my sleeve and rage against the machine. Just thinking about our changing mores.
I like playing the game for now; but I work part time so I don't have to grind it out day in day out.
I am not going to tell any kids about my personal propensities nor am I going to bring it up at the next staff meeting.
I'll just like, abide. Knowing some secrets is better than showing all your cards at once.
Hey man. I'm 30 years old and I'm from Eastern NC. I'm a skateboarder too and and I'm on Suboxone maintenance and I love to smoke weed, although it is still illegal in NC. I have a bachelor's in psychology and I'm currently applying to a Substance Abuse Counseling program at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. I'm considering teaching as a back-up plan should I be denied on my application. I can relate to a lot of what you said in your posts as a substitute teacher and a skateboarder with a similar drug intake. Oh and by the way, I really like Heroin skateboards, I love the analogy between being a 30 something year old skateboarder and being past your prime and still being so determined to get out there and skate no matter how beat up my body is, and being a heroin addict and feeling trapped in a detrimental lifestyle. Me and Chet Childress (who rides for Heroin skateboards) used to skate a lot together in Wilmington and Asheville NC. Good luck with your stuff man and I hope life treats you well. -Trey