• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you inject in these "veins"? (pics included)

get high

Bluelighter
Hi, I am new to injecting. I vaguely remember my friend telling me I can't inject into the two big veins that are indentical on both sides of my arms. They are the hugest veins on my arm, one on each of my arms. One of these big veins is connected to a bunch of other big veins as well. Can you inject there? Can you inject in ANY vein on your arm? Or can you not inject where I'm talking about. I attached pictures of the veins hat I'm talking about. If they are even classified as veins. Thanks
5k0fg3.jpg
[/IMG]
1y3csm.jpg
[/IMG]
2cejjeu.jpg
[/IMG]
2wnppph.jpg
[/IMG]

You CAN inject into any vein shown in any pic, including the ones in your palm. The big ones in your arm are the safest.

Yeah. If you're looking at those veins and you're not an experienced iv user, my guess is that you really need to improve your technique.

Is there a reason you're not using more traditional sites - rotation, or desperation?
The more obscure veins are harder to hit and you risk missed shots, abscesses...not nice.

Are you shooting lots of stims or something? Looks like you've got a bit of a pin-cushion thing going on in the pics.
Take care dude, and read those links kleinerkiffer posted above, they should have some good advice in them.

OMG please read those linked posts. And take care of those beautiful veins. Lots of people weren't educated and would kill for those veins.

Deep breath. Any of those are ok. Are you flagging? Check a couple of times before you go for it. Go higher up, you don't need or want to hit your hand or wrist, those veins are beautiful.

I have never heard veins called beautiful before : p

I have ones that are very similar. I have IV'd once in my life before in the crook of my arm, but there is something about the crook of my arm that was extremely uncomfortable to me. Ew. I just think it's gross to do it there. I always thought those veins at the bottom of that pic looked best to use, but wasn't sure about safety (that's why I just didn't IV... I don't know what I'm doing and it's hard to teach yourself without screwing up somehow... like I'm not a nurse haha but always fantasized about having one around when I was thinking about doing that more than I am now that popping oxy's is cool with me again)

I hope you never get over the ew factor. Cause one that needle becomes your fetish, you are screwed.

Yup, I'd go for the ditches every time if I was using arms.