• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can you chew/crush Targin to increase the high?

spike_drugs

Greenlighter
Hi, I have scoured bluelight for an answer to this question but have come up empty handed. Put simply, can I chew/crush and parachute/bomb targin to increase the high by getting rid of time release wax? And if so, would this affect the naoloxone contained in it?
If no to that, how does the high from 20mg of Targin compare to 20mg of straight oxy?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Spike

If you have a habit it will put you straight into withdrawals if the tablet is crushed or taken in any manner other than swallowed whole

^^^ sounds pretty likely to be the case to me. Trying to get proper high off naloxone. Wat.

Naloxone has a very low oral bioavailability, so much so they have to measure the levels of one of its metabolites to do pharmacokinetic studies on Targin as naloxone is undetectable. If you crush and inject or snort Targin, expect withdrawal. But crushing and swallowing wont necessarily do so. However, there is still some effect from oral naloxone. It supposedly decreases opioid induced constipation when taken together with oxycodone and opioid dependent people prefered oxycodone solution over Targin both in drug liking and likelihood to repeat dose.

Targin works fine crushed and taken orally. It is definitely not as strong as Endone/Oxynorm mg for mg. The large amount of Naloxone in the pill probably plays a part.

I always crushed my Targin and shot the powder down quickly with a drink as a chaser. I'd say 10mg of Targin taken like this felt like 7 - 8mg of Endone/instant release Oxycodone.

However.
I once chewed up and swallowed a Targin as I didn't have any other way to take it. I had been on Oxycodone for well over 18months at the time and instead of obtaining pain relief I suddenly felt extremely ill and flu like symtoms. I hadn't felt so bad before. Yawning, eyes watering, shakes. I didn't think I was going to make it.
This lasted for probably 40 minutes.
And it was another 30 minutes before the Endone I was given by a Nurse kicked in. After that I was feeling good and fine like nothing had happened.

My guess was enough Naloxone absorbed sublingualy to cause me such grief.