• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you become a full on addict from snorting heroin alone?

Heroin use causes: Death, Hep C, Abscess, Possible blood infections, loss of all 'real-friends', possible ruin family connection/support, chasing something to make you feel good ... being dope sick so bad your vomiting and shitting, then you get that fix and for a very very brief time all your problems go away, but by the time your driving home from scoring and using everything/all your problems hit you again, it feels as no escape, except thru that double sworded needle or the devilsh line laid out next to the straw ... loss of care of hygiene, your family, really anyone you surround your self will, eventually become a victim to your heroin use... that shit is all real and just a minor excerpt from the truth heroin hides behind that comfy care feel free feeling it brings on, its 2016 people educate yourselves before you snort that line or pick that needle up!

Peace.

Of course you can. The quintessential rush that one experiences from IV use is a great reinforcer of the behavior, but it my opinion, it only ends up being a small facet of why exactly one chooses to inject. I can say with confidence that the primary reason that most Heroin users end up injecting, be it IV, IM or SC, is economics. Depending upon who you ask, Heroin's intranasal Bioavailability is approximately 50% of your total dose. It's a short-term solution, but in essence, you can double the mileage of your money by taking up the IV ROA.

So I guess my point is, is that your ROA isn't extremely relevant with Heroin. For a drug like say, Cocaine, all of the ROA's present what I feel is a drastically different experience. Save for the rush, the end result is pretty much the same with Opioids no matter how you take them. You can be a hardcore addict even if you don't inject, but as a common sense (sic) thing, most extreme addicts switch over to injection at some point in their dependence.

Of course you can. The quintessential rush that one experiences from IV use is a great reinforcer of the behavior, but it my opinion, it only ends up being a small facet of why exactly one chooses to inject. I can say with confidence that the primary reason that most Heroin users end up injecting, be it IV, IM or SC, is economics. Depending upon who you ask, Heroin's intranasal Bioavailability is approximately 50% of your total dose. It's a short-term solution, but in essence, you can double the mileage of your money by taking up the IV ROA.

So I guess my point is, is that your ROA isn't extremely relevant with Heroin. For a drug like say, Cocaine, all of the ROA's present what I feel is a drastically different experience. Save for the rush, the end result is pretty much the same with Opioids no matter how you take them. You can be a hardcore addict even if you don't inject, but as a common sense (sic) thing, most extreme addicts switch over to injection at some point in their dependence.

*EXACTLY*

No matter what the ROA of heroin, eventually tolerance developes which inturn leads to addiction!!!! FLATOUT No way around it, and this is coming from someone who snorted my H for 2years before I got on the needle, and then its a whole nother ball game that you arnt prepared for ... Basically a slope downhill completely 100%

Everyone is different . I know many many people with extreme heroin habits by snorting. It's just shooting heroin has a bad rep of being addictive , people tend to justify or question it's abuse potential if only smoked or snorted, because it's never really talked about , I believe any type of ROA with heroin can be very bad , same goes for any drug

Answer to the thread question, yeah you will definitely can get addicted and usually it happens rather quick.

The nature of opiate wd is quite physically draining to put it lightly.

Also, heroin these days, well its a bit sketchy if you don't read the news.

All I can say is be careful, I suggest getting a narcan kit. Please don't think one ROA is going to protect you from getting addicted or other consequences. As far as I know whether you sniff it, smoke it, shoot it or plug it up your ass it is a very strong drug.

Strong drugs need to be respected, that is if you like breathing. Just don't lie to yourself is advice I often give to people, the one person you owe the truth to is yourself.

I never IV'd heroin, always snorted. Really there's no difference between ROAs; shooting up makes overdose riskier but I've overdosed just by snorting. I was only fucking with dope for a year, I imagine I would have eventually shot it if I was out there longer.

there definitely is a difference in the ROA's, you get a rush when you shoot dope and you will be able to nod off less than snorting.

That said, avoid it picking up the needle. I'd say the only time the switch is not asking for long term disaster is when your opi8 tolerance is already so high you struggle to get high on snorting/smoking even with good amounts of near raw dope. It will ensure addiction at some point once you have experienced the rush. One will start wanting to chase that rush intensely and crave it when not high and slowly it will insidiously take over your entire life.

That said you can ruin your life as bad with any ROA.

Really? Opioid use inevitably leads to addiction? Please keep your archaic beliefs off of BL.

Also, Opioids are not a new thing, nor are "epidemics" of their use. I can think of 4 widely known "epidemics" of Morphine\Heroin use off the top of my head.

Heroin in the USA is currently big, but to call it a new phenomenon is incorrect. Its just news media fodder.

if you eat heroin its aprox 396% LESS addictoive then all other roa AND it lasts longer goes very nice on pancakes.
Seriously, you eat heroin on pancakes?

well im not addicted in my country we have more sophisticated ways to use drugs and not get addicted you just gotta know the right ones.
Please share these "sophisticated ways" to not get addicted.

Please share these "sophisticated ways" to not get addicted.

in russia, heroin takes you

but for real obv troll is obv can't we just ban these dicks outright before they start advising people that to take heroin because pancakes safe-gaurd you from CNS depression or some shit?

I am a recovering h addict snortting was my thing i never shot but only because i put myself in rehab before it got to bad. I was for sure going to real soon though.my mother and father were both addicts.it ended both of thier lives from drugs.my mother contracted hiv from the needle and my father hep c . they both passed from complications of the diseases.then about 7 years after they pass i pick up first perks then oxys and of corse h comes next.i stayed ln h for about a year, then one day i woke up and had enough i went to treatment stayed for 60 days i hot on methadone
Program got stable on a dose (took a 6 months) i stayed stabble for 6 months while i worked on myself and dealt with my parents death ( i continue working on myself right now) and i started my detox when i was stable i was on 100 now i am down to 20mg and have not felt a single withdraw symptom . i am not telling Anyone to get on methadone i am simply sharing my story and saying my truth thats all.i struggle to make the right choices everyday n i will continue to till the day i die but i must say the problems i have today i am happy to have compairing to waking up sick. Today i own my own company with my fiancee and noone knows i go to a clinic everyday...i cant wait to finally complete this program because thqt is when i feel like my true test comes into play. But perks,oxys,vikes,dope. Shoot,snort,skin pop,smoke you will end up the same place with it all fucked up sick alone broke and probly homeless so just dont pick up! Or go to a treatment and find your sober road.because being on h takes everything you have or ever had away from you and most of us never get everything back...

Snorting u can become addicted 100% but just because you snorting doesn't mean you will use a needle that's not true I been snorting for over 6 years and have no interest in a needle so that I have to disagree with sorry but yes addiction is definitely possible from snorting

Hell yes!!! You can even become an addict by taking a few norco. It depends on whether or not you have an addictive personality. I had some surgery back in 98, it was an laparoscopy, For the post surgical pain i had vicodin es (7.5/500) I took a pill the 2nd day and it killed the pain. I took one a couple days later and it killed the pain and gave me a buzz

I continued this until i was out (i had 30) when i ran out i had withdrawal. I had become addicted. That cycle lasted 18 years. I just got clean 21 months ago..

Last edited:
I want to add one more thing. I have done heroin before and no matter how you ingest it you can and probably will get addicted. (There are rare people who do drugs who dont get addicted but its extremely rare) There is no way to use it and be exempt from addiction. The comment i posted above was meant to say you can get addicted to pretty much anything thats a narcotic..

Kratom is not physically addictive, and no, it was not made illegal. Comparing kratom to H or any other opiate is absolutely crazy.

Kratom is not physically addictive, and no, it was not made illegal. Comparing kratom to H or any other opiate is absolutely crazy.

Well saying Kratom an untested unverified undocumented weed from asia is not dangerous phsiacally addictive or safer than H is absolutely ridicolous.

opiates weren't considered an "epidemic" until people switched from Prescription pills (see: white people making money) to heroin (see: not white people making money)

just saying

as far as this thread goes, of course you can become an addict from snorting. The drug is just a means to an end, which in my case at least, has always been a form of escaping things I dont want to deal with. It doesnt matter how you go about taking it, because the principle is the same:

Substance A makes me feel happy because I dont care about things that dont make me happy anymore

whether it is injected or snorted only makes a difference in your likelihood to overdose, and how fast you become physically addicted

opiates weren't considered an "epidemic" until people switched from Prescription pills (see: white people making money) to heroin (see: not white people making money)

just saying

as far as this thread goes, of course you can become an addict from snorting. The drug is just a means to an end, which in my case at least, has always been a form of escaping things I dont want to deal with. It doesnt matter how you go about taking it, because the principle is the same:

Substance A makes me feel happy because I dont care about things that dont make me happy anymore

whether it is injected or snorted only makes a difference in your likelihood to overdose, and how fast you become physically addicted
I see what your saying