• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Can the doctor test a urine sample for drugs without asking first (UK)?

papercuts

Bluelighter
Can the doctor test a urine sample for drugs without asking first?
Or does this not happen in the UK?
I need to hand in a sample.
Am I ok to keep using or not in the days beforehand?
(opiates and cannabis mostly)

I'm not in the UK so I can't help you much. Just thought I'd pop in as I like your posts in TDS. In the US, if you have a " pain contract " with your Dr. they can ask for a UA anytime they want. They can also count your pills whenever, you can't get scheduled meds from anyone else and the UA's have to have all the drugs prescribed to you in your urine and no drugs whatsoever of what they have not prescribed. It's very tough here to be a pain patient unless of course you are doing everything on the up and up. It's a contract that we sign and most Dr's will give you one chance to not comply and then kick you to the curb if you repeat that behavior. Some won't even give you that. A dirty UA and it's see ya.

If you can hand that sample in at your leisure I would stop the opies now. Should be able to clear them out much quicker than the THC ( thc is going to take upwards of 30 days ).

You are a really nice poster and thought you deserved an answer but actually these questions aren't allowed. Nothing to do with testing of any kind. I would look and see if you have a contract and read it. If no contract call your Dr. and ask the nurse what procedure they follow. IF you have to hand in the sample soon and IF you know it will be dirty......talking to the Dr. beforehand telling him you have slipped goes a long way.

Good luck

I thought it might be allowed because I'm not asking how to dodge the law, simply asking does anyone know what the law is.
I'm fairly sure they aren't allowed to test without asking because everyone has the right to refuse a drugs test (with consequences) and doing a test secretly would deny me the right to refuse.
I'll say no more about it, delete the thread if you like, I've got my answer.

I believe you could ask your doctor to not test for narcotics and to dispose of your sample after they are done testing it. Doctors aren't going to call the police on you and the police need to get a warrant to access your medical records.

Be firm with them and ask what tests are going to be performed.

Now if you are on a methadone program and they want a urine sample from you to test you are clean then that is a different matter. But that is usually done through unity (drug and alcohol) not your GP.

If it is this instance i can assure they dont care about cannabis

I thought it might be allowed because I'm not asking how to dodge the law, simply asking does anyone know what the law is.
I'm fairly sure they aren't allowed to test without asking because everyone has the right to refuse a drugs test (with consequences) and doing a test secretly would deny me the right to refuse.
I'll say no more about it, delete the thread if you like, I've got my answer.
No issues at all Ms. Papercuts. Thread is fine. I probably shouldn't have even posted as I'm not in the UK. Hope everything is going good for you.

Can the doctor test a urine sample for drugs without asking first?
Or does this not happen in the UK?
I need to hand in a sample.
Am I ok to keep using or not in the days beforehand?
(opiates and cannabis mostly)
Hey papercuts,

Your question is fine as you didn't ask how to beat drug tests ect.

I am in Australia but I imagine that it would be similar. If you have no history of drug abuse on your GP's record then no a standard blood test will not show up. The doctor would have to request the pathologist specifically to test for X substance.

Hope this helps!
Andy

It's interesting to know how it works in other countries, every country has it's own contradictions in drugs law. Social laws don't work. They tried legislating against any non straight sex, didn't work. The laws on how women must live their lives have been mostly broken down to give us choices in life. They tried legislating against contraception, very few countries still have that in place. They legislated against alcohol in the USA for years, caused an organised crime boom, just like anti-drugs laws have. Legislating for what people can and can't do in private is a lost cause.
Overall I'm glad I'm currently in the UK, they are less controlling of the population than many countries even though the British government are currently bringing through the most abhorrent legislation to give an amnesty to the rogue soldiers who raped and murdered innocent civilians, including children, because the UK have been ordered to allow the victim's families their day in court, something legally denied to them at the time. What is the reason they want to keep the murderers safe from justice? They say the soldiers are old men now so shouldn't have to be confronted with the murders and rapes they committed when they were young. The victims families disagree. Why they don't want to weed out the bad ones and have a better army that could be respected is a mystery. Only Paraguay has such an extreme law protecting soldiers from prosecution no matter what they do. Soon the UK will too. Be afraid of the government you elected Britain. If you tolerate this, your children will be next.
So for human rights the UK doesn't hold any high ground, but I guess since it's not illegal to have drugs in your system, there is no crime revealed by a blood test. I wasn't thinking of the police btw, I was just worried about how it might affect my perscriptions if the doctor knew I'm partial to a little bit of happiness now and again throughout the day.

Pumpkin2021 said:
In the US, if you have a " pain contract " with your Dr. they can ask for a UA anytime they want. They can also count your pills whenever, you can't get scheduled meds from anyone else and the UA's have to have all the drugs prescribed to you in your urine and no drugs whatsoever of what they have not prescribed.

Holy shit!

And that's not even including healthcare in general being free in OZ, plus police officers don't kill people for sport. Yet, you guys are like "Why do you wanna live in Australia because of the COVID shit"?!?

We got it easy.