• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Pseudoephedrine potentiate the effect of Bupropion?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Both implicating the adrenergic receptors.

Lowers seizure threshold I'd imagine, but that aside, can it incite more of a stimulant effect when they are combined??

Any particular reason??

That it gives the creeps, and that you wouldn't advise it?
The underlying pharmacology?

Pseudoephedrine is just gross in my opinion.
Not a pleasant feeling.

Can J Cardiol. 2001 May;17(5):599-601.
[h=1]Acute myocardial ischemia associated with ingestion of bupropion and pseudoephedrine in a 21-year-old man.[/h]Pederson KJ1, Kuntz DH, Garbe GJ.
[h=3]Author information[/h]
  • 1University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]A 21-year-old man presented to the emergency department with atypical chest pain, diaphoresis and shortness of breath. His electrocardiogram revealed ST segment elevation in leads II, III, aVF, V5 and V6, elevated creatine kinase-MB subunit levels and positive troponin I. He denied the use of cocaine, and smoking was his only risk factor for coronary artery disease. The patient was diagnosed with an acute myocardial infarction, yet an emergency coronary angiogram revealed normal coronary arteries. His medication history revealed recent commencement of bupropion for smoking cessation and pseudoephedrine as a nonprescription influenza remedy. It was postulated that this patient experienced acute coronary vasospasm in the presence of these two known sympathomimetic agents. The present case is the first report linking bupropion to an acute coronary syndrome, and one of a few cases associated with pseudoephedrine.

Hey - wow.
I must admit to not knowing a whole lot about bupropion - but it's a good thing you did your research first.

Nasty :(