• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can LSD Drop Body Temp to 94*F (34.4*C) and cause Extreme Sweating at the Same Time?

Cudi

Bluelighter
Alright so way back in September I had a bad experience with what I believe was LSD. I'm not here to discuss the bad trip aspect so much since I basically have a whole novel posted about the same experience. But I am still curious and never really asked about this part of my trip; My body temperature was rather normal during the good aspect of my trip. Once it began to go bad, my body temperature dropped more than 4 degrees over the course of an hour, maybe even less. There was sweat dripping from my hair at the same time my body temperature reached 94 degrees. At this point, I was panicking and thought I had got some RC that was practically killing me via hypothermia. Was having intense hallucinations and thought loops during this low temp period. I should also mention I smoked some weed at the peak of my trip and it was right after the smoke session when it went bad and my body temp dropped, Was this the weed or the LSD? Any solutions or explanations for this would be of great help, thanks guys.

How did you measure your temperature? Sounds like you had a bad trip which messed with your temperature control but if you reached 35*C then I would be very, very shocked.

Measured with a thermometer orally. The one I have is new and very accurate as well.

LSD can cause panic, which causes sweating, which causes the drop in body temperature. This causes more panic, which continues the cycle :)

Hypothermia is not as deadly as you'd expect either - hyperthermia is far more of a concern. Cold actually helps reduce the stress on your body by decreasing metabolism and making energy usage more efficient. It also has a tendency to preserve cells nicely, for instance inducing hypothermia by chilling the blood and body can be used to minimize damage after a heart attack or stroke. There's a saying in medicine, you're not dead until you're warm and dead - and there have been many cases of "lifeless" people affected by severe hypothermia suddely reanimating 40 minutes later as they warm up...

It is also good to know that oral temperature can be effected by a lot of things like recent food or drink consumption, and is not neccesarily a good indicator of core/blood temperature. Your body temperature should actually naturally decrease as the night sets in.

I think THC also decreases body temperature, but I cannot be sure. What I can tell you is that it's well-known that smoking weed on LSD can intensify the effects a lot, and the anxiety-inducing effects of THC can and do often rear their ugly heads.

I've tried a piperizine before by accident (the infamous yellow Bart Simpson cut out), and I felt exactly that; cold as hell but sweating profusely everywhere. At least I had a friend to wallow in that misery with together, lol. I wish I took my temp because it would've been interesting to know what it would say. But I'm not trying that shit again under any circumstances.

On lsd a while back, I had a terrible trip and almost passed out. Being the newbie that I was, I was laying on my friend's couch in the fetal position, trying to calm myself internally. But I felt hot and I was perspiring, not cold. I ended up smoking weed after and feeling more calm from it.
Bad tripping intensifies the effects, except it's going the other way. Once you get out of this rut, the "pleasant" visuals do come back, however, it didn't reach the same level even with the addition of herb smoking. It may have just been because I was a damn pot head back then, as I've seen so many start to trip their nuts off when combining lsd and weed. It shouldn't be underestimated.

What worried me far more was my extremely fast heart rate and violent shaking. I couldn't control my muscles as they were shaking vigorously: almost like shivering but far more convulsion-like. Also, I should note that an interesting thing happened to me two nights ago which was the 3rd time this has occurred while smoking pot since after my trip in September. I stopped smoking for quite a while after my trip. a few months at least. Then I tried smoking again and I felt as if I was sent spiraling back into my bad trip. It's not just a slight panic feeling either, its the most terrifying thing my mind and body have ever felt. After that, I felt depressed because I thought my whole life was gonna be changed and screwed up forever. Tried smoking a few more times to sort of "experiment" on myself and see what could be causing this. A couple more times I smoked and I was fine, but not necessarily enjoying my high either. Sort of in between.

Stopped again for a while, then began again. Then, one day I decided I wanted to dab. Biggest mistake of my life. I took two dabs and less than 20 minutes later, intense and involuntary shaking. Extreme cold. Extreme panic, heart racing more than 150 bpm. Thought about going to a hospital. THIS NEVER used to happen to me before I tripped LSD. Wtf is going on lol? If I've learned one thing from my acid trip, its how powerful the human mind is. That's the scariest thing I've ever faced.

Let me propose this: Is it possible I took something other than what I thought was LSD that night and it happened to be neurotoxic causing permanent damage to my dopamine receptors (voluntary movement control) and also my serotonin receptors? And now whenever any Serotonin or Dopamine Agonists act on the receptor sites, my brain gets confused as to what it is that I'm taking? Just a thought that I came up with. If it's not that, then i guess its just flashbacks to my bad trip possibly. For the last few weeks I have been smoking and its been fine and i thought maybe i was starting to really enjoy weed again, but then the thing two nights ago happened. Was so embarassing to happen in front of my friends, I tried explaining to them and they couldn't understand. I was shaking so bad I thought I was actually about to have a damn seizure.

You probably already know this, but it would be best to stay clean for a while. Short of a pet scan, if that, there would be no way for anyone to tell you that you have done any neurological damage to yourself. Of course, if you are experiencing any significant cognitive impairment, that could possibly be a clue. But then again, that doesn't mean you've really done damage there, or that the substance was the culprit, since it can't be verified without seeing the appropriate doctor first. Your stresses and worries can easily do that, so don't be too alarmed by assuming causation automatically.

Also, it's rarely ever stated but neurological damage can easily extend to negative side effects that are physical in nature. It really depends on what area of the brain is damaged. Besides, it's usually a very serious condition that should be easily apparent to you, if the damage is great by any means.

And to top it off, simply dropping acid and smoking weed can't really do that to you. Those substances, even in combination with each other, are pretty safe especially if kept in moderation.

Weed can have those effects, namely it can be anxiety-inducing and dysphoric. It's technically a psychedelic, so if anything it just sounds like you need a break from it. The standard eat healthy, exercise and sleep well should help a lot if you aren't feeling well.

Btw, dabs are freakin' powerful. They hit fast and get you high as hell, lol, it's not even my first choice of getting high. I'm kind of old school and I like the regular blunts and hits from the peace pipe, as well as old fashioned bong rips from the green. I can kind of see why you went into a bad headspace like that. So yeah, I would recommend at least a 3-6 month break to kind of reenergize yourself and enjoy the sober life again. I'm currently doing that, and it helps you with your self-control and responsibility. I guarantee those things will give you the best chance of enjoying these substances again. :)

Oh, and don't take my word for it verbatim, but I hope this post can help alleviate your concerns. I wish you good luck!