• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can hydrocodone tolerance go up literally overnight?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I'm an every day user of hydro. I've been using everyday for about 1-2 years, with few breaks in between, and have been able to keep my dose moderately low while still feeling pretty good. First 10mg was great for me, then 15mg, and for the past few months it was 20mg. The first couple of times my tolerance went up, I thought it more had to do with a different brands of hydro (going back and forthbetween watson and mallenkroft or however you spell it). Up until the last batch, they've always been 5/325 pills.

The most recent batch are 10/325 (not sure if thats relevant information or if that has anything to do with anything). They're from the brand Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, and I started these after a two week break from hydro (longest two weeks ever). All was good until the past couple of days, when suddenly my reliable dose of 20mg stopped working. The other night I thought it might have to do with the fact that I maybe went to the bathroom a little while after I took the dose and maybe ended up expelling some, so I took another pill and was all good. I thought that that day may have been a fluke and so I tried again today and while I still feel enough side effects to know that I did take the dose, the euphoria is notably diminished. My only conclusion at this point is that my tolerance has once again gone up, which is troubling to say the least. I don't really have the supply or sources to add many more pills to my daily dose.

I would have thought tolerance building would have been a bit more gradual (feeling the effects less and less a little each day) and I'm a little confused as to why on Wednesday I'd feel great but Saturday I'd feel next to nothing on the same dose.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is that how tolerance normally builds? Or maybe I'm just having "off days"? I mean I didn't do anything I wouldn't normally do before my dose, and I'm always careful to eat them on an empty stomach. Thanks for any input.

Tolerance is subjective. Depending on how long you've been using it & at what dose, (there's quite a difference between one or two yrs), then other attributes come into play such as metabolism, mood, food,(or lack of), there's numerous factors here.

Maybe take a break of a couple of weeks again .& see how things pan out.

Rtp

Mood can make a big difference on how it effects you, but it seems your tolerance has increased.

For me, I feel 30mgs if hydrocodone & I get a euphoria after I do a CWE on 30mgs, but I can't get the same euphoria just from popping all 30mgs w/o doing a CWE first, weird .....

Anyway, hydrocodone is a great pain reliever, but it doesn't last as long as others, & the euphoria is one of the best I've experienced, beisides Levorphanol.

It's most definitely typical tolerance at work. In fact I'm surprised you've been using daily for a year and your tolerance has only increased from 10mg to 25-30mg of hydro. But yea, definitely tolerance, keep upping the dose though and if you don't get sick already your going to find yourself deeper in a habit then you ever imagined. In fact, I'm sure if you stopped now you'd still get withdrawals. Take a break

I know with myself if I take a good dose of hydro or oxy after a long break (weeks, months) literally the next day if I try and dose the same I hardly feel it, and need to almost double it which leads to...well I'm sure you can figure that out.

With me I can take 2 hydrocodone feel great then the next day take 5 and just feel relived from pain this is why I stay away from opioid/opiates