• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can Cannabis/Hash/Weed trigger of a 2cb trip from 2 weeks ago?

the voyager

Greenlighter
Hi.

Searched the web for this and nothing has come up.

I am just wondering if let's assume someone had a 2cb or even 2ci trip say 2 weeks ago, and one night say 2 weeks later they were smoking a joint or even baking a space cake, could the THC possibly trigger off the 2cb or 2ci at all???

I know someone who might have had an experience like this and they said that what would normally be a normally high with THC turned into something a bit more heavy and mind opening.

What are your thoughts?

Happens all the time. Some peoples high are notably more psychedelic and intense for weeks after the initial trip.

definitely. after a trip, weed always brings back aspects and psychedelia from it for me and most people.

i would love to know the pharmacology behind weed's psychedelia... could it have something to do with 5HT2A like regular psychs? it does bring back trips and at high enough doses can be quite psychedelic...

Wow really. That's interesting.

I wonder how/why this happens?

This person noted that after consuming a cake with hash, his mind was probably a little 'to opened'.

It didn't help that he was watching 'FULL METAL JACKET' by Stanley Kubrick on his own too. 8o

Does anyone else on here had know anyone who has had similar experience?

Yeah, it happens all the time. The first time I properly tripped changed the way I get high on anything else permanently, including life itself. And in general a few weeks after a paritcular trip will enhance THC highs, so long as you aren't tripping constantly as some folks do around here, in which case it all becomes a blur.

I just mean the way I experience the joys and sorrows of life changed after I saw what tripping showed me. For me it was for the better.

Interesting. It's no the first time this has happened, and this person only bakes 3 times a year maybe 4 (and as would happen a trip was around that time also).
Kind of crazy because cakes can be so heavy as they are.

I wonder how the THC can trigger off something that the 2C has done?

It isn't limited to just the 2Cs.

I was a daily smoker for nearly a decade, starting with swag (not good) weed and eventually graduating to proper strains. I had little issue smoking all I wanted up to several 2+ gram sessions a day.

Two years ago I started getting back into psychedelics and a couple of DPT trips changed the way cannabis worked for me. I quickly discovered that I could not consume as much as I used to without it bringing on anxiety. If I limit my intake to a couple of hits or so I'm fine, if I push it things get odd. It's nowhere near a full on trip but it is a similar mentality for sure. Cannabis also brings out mild visuals depending on how long it has been since the last time I tripped.

In the last two years my tolerance to cannabis has plummeted due to lack of use, I consider this a good thing but it some ways it isn't that great. I can not handle BHO at all now, and taking the smallest rip of it sends me into a frantic mind state. I made the mistake of smoking some at a festival a couple of months ago while on 5-meo-mipt and it ruined my entire night. I was on the verge of psychedelic crisis and had to ride it out in a tent. 5-meo-mipt is usually very mild for me and I can handle upwards to 15-20mg at home. The combo of 8mg of 5-meo-mipt and a rather large dab destroyed me.

Anxiety is a scary word aye! I would say from this little space cake (which had high quality hash in) had powerful effects.. Almost a loss of control mentally. Isolation even. Normally the person in question is able to relax and use THC/High as a more meditative experience often working on creative projects or contemplating life and work for a more positive outcome, but this time it was reported that there was a loss of self mentally and even physically. Not a comfortable state to enjoy an evening in.

Does anyone know if there is any scientific research into this online? Would be an interesting read for sure.

I wonder how the THC can trigger off something that the 2C has done?

I know right! like it was said, not necessarily 2C, but serotonergic psychs!

when i first started smoking weed i'd get SUPER high and trip, and a few times where i got unfathomably high, i would compare it to a proper shroom trip. OEVs, CEVs, racing thoughts... just not 'enlightening', actually sheerly confusing

i'd die to know what's up between serotonergic psychs and weed

I just want to point out that this sort of thing is purely psychological in nature. I'm not saying its invalid - just that the phenomenon is due to perception, memory, sensory processing, etc. as opposed to a chemical process where smoking weed actually makes the 2c-b (or which ever PD you're talking about) come back.

I think everyone in here knows that, but just want to preemptively stomp out the kind of rumors you hear like: "LSD stays in your spinal fluid and if you get in a car accident it gets released and you're like full on tripping flashback style"

Yeah I can respect that idea. But it's definitely the 2c (or PD) compound that's causing these effects. because a joint or space cake (people only ever feel these things with space cakes) on its own would not normally bring on these sorts of effects.

There's a definite connection between the THC and 2C (pd) compounds.

Because it's only when you have a cake after a 2c trip (1 week up to 2 or 3 maybe more) that these sorts of effects happen.