View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can Atarax cancel an acid trip???

Trying2Iso

Bluelighter
if u were having a bad trip and u took 100mg of atarax (or more or less) would that end the trip and sober u up, like antipsychotics do?
i heard that it does somewhere but i'd like verification

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyzine#Pharmacology

It'll surely weaken the trip, but completely cancel out? No.

Anyway:

The most useful defence a tripper can have against bad trips is the ability to change the setting. Changing the music, the lighting, the room or just about anything can have a huge influence on the mindset of a person who is tripping and this makes it an invaluable technique.

Consider also that challenging moments in a trip can be an incredible opportunity for the development of one's character.

Hydroxyzine does not exercise nearly the kind of power on the mind that antipsychotics and "major tranquilizers" do, so no, it wouldn't.

I like smoking when I do acid. Calms me down.

Yeah, anyone reading this, don't smoke weed if you're having a bad trip. Unless you want to fast-track your progression to a short vacation in a mental hospital.

It's funny how the vast majority of train-wreck trip reports include a statement like: "So after the LSD kicked in, we did a couple of dabs and chilled with some music. Fifteen minutes later, my friend Mike started to get quite weird and soon enough he was running around naked, wrecking the apartment."

Yeah, anyone reading this, don't smoke weed if you're having a bad trip. Unless you want to fast-track your progression to a short vacation in a mental hospital.

It's funny how the vast majority of train-wreck trip reports include a statement like: "So after the LSD kicked in, we did a couple of dabs and chilled with some music. Fifteen minutes later, my friend Mike started to get quite weird and soon enough he was running around naked, wrecking the apartment."

YMMV tho

Everyone I've known that's also done acid has smoked during their trip.. before and during. To prevent them from having a bad trip. I didn't say smoke if you're freaking out. But it really helps to just relax and enjoy the trip. And that's dabs. Dabs have so much more THC content..