• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Can a withdrawals be that powerful where you can't take the right dose unless you overdose?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
i was thinking what if my tolerance be low and my usual dose get that much high close to overdosing, and then one day you miss some doses and the withdrawals starts,then you can't fulfill your body need for drug because you get too close to overdose but still you have withdrawals symptoms a lot.
can this situation really happen?what should we do then?ignore suggesting hospitalization everyone knows that.
if you have any other solution for that please write here.

I brought this thread back as the OP seems to have a valid question they're asking.

To attempt to answer, if you're withdrawing from a drug, taking the amount you need to stop withdrawal will not be able to overdose you. Your body is used to that amount of drug so it will just make you feel better. That said, you certainly could overdose still, if you took too much. I'm not sure what drug you're taking, but if it's street opiates, there is a strong likelihood of fentanyl, if you're in the US or some other countries (seems like in some places of the world, though, fentanyl hasn't really become a problem yet). If you're getting fentanyl, then your drugs probably have "hot spots", because the fentanyl is often poorly mixed. Which means a bit of the powder, or one of the pills if they're fake presses, could be far stronger than another. But assuming you're taking what you think you are, and you dose enough to get out of withdrawals but not a lot more than that, then no, you're not going to overdose, that's not how it works.

The only exception to this would be some drugs that decrease seizure threshold, like for example, quaaludes, or tramadol. Then it would be possible, if your tolerance is super high, to be able to have a seizure from the dose that you need to avoid withdrawals (I think, anyway). But there are not many drugs like this.

I brought this thread back as the OP seems to have a valid question they're asking.

To attempt to answer, if you're withdrawing from a drug, taking the amount you need to stop withdrawal will not be able to overdose you. Your body is used to that amount of drug so it will just make you feel better. That said, you certainly could overdose still, if you took too much. I'm not sure what drug you're taking, but if it's street opiates, there is a strong likelihood of fentanyl, if you're in the US or some other countries (seems like in some places of the world, though, fentanyl hasn't really become a problem yet). If you're getting fentanyl, then your drugs probably have "hot spots", because the fentanyl is often poorly mixed. Which means a bit of the powder, or one of the pills if they're fake presses, could be far stronger than another. But assuming you're taking what you think you are, and you dose enough to get out of withdrawals but not a lot more than that, then no, you're not going to overdose, that's not how it works.

The only exception to this would be some drugs that decrease seizure threshold, like for example, quaaludes, or tramadol. Then it would be possible, if your tolerance is super high, to be able to have a seizure from the dose that you need to avoid withdrawals (I think, anyway). But there are not many drugs like this.
thankyou for your answer.
i asked that question because i have experienced a situation like that before.couple weeks ago i woke up from sleeping and i noticed that i am getting withdrawals so i tried to snort oxycodone but no matter how much i took my withdrawals didn't go away.i was surprised how long it took to get better.it took 20minutes of constant snorting for me to relieve from withdrawals.

thankyou for your answer.
i asked that question because i have experienced a situation like that before.couple weeks ago i woke up from sleeping and i noticed that i am getting withdrawals so i tried to snort oxycodone but no matter how much i took my withdrawals didn't go away.i was surprised how long it took to get better.it took 20minutes of constant snorting for me to relieve from withdrawals.
In my experience there is a delayed effect when reintroducing drugs during withdrawal. There is some immediate relief, but it often takes an hour or two to feel totally normal again, even if you take your usual dose.

In my experience there is a delayed effect when reintroducing drugs during withdrawal. There is some immediate relief, but it often takes an hour or two to feel totally normal again, even if you take your usual dose.
haha I took 40mg of oxy this morning to feel better and I have one more 40mg left so I gotta wait until fucking 4am-5am tomorrow so I don't get sick and hope I can find something after work lol its a struggle

no I can get plenty man, I will more have more than enough on Monday. Its good in a way, to not have any, anyway. My tolerance goes down to nothing almost. I was eating 10-8 fent fake m30's and dropped down to like 300mg of oxy a day to match it and quickly to 90mg and now 40mg. I have a ton of subs cause I have a script for them but ive also been thrown into PW when I had no idea how all this worked. What a scientist I am huh? Young and dumb. Anyway I smartly took a half day tomorrow so I eat my 40mg then go to work for a couple hours and then I can get my meds mid day and return to work or fuck off with my low tolerance and get a good nod going. There 40mg OC's so I just suck on them for a minute and then chew them for maybe 10 seconds, IDK how people do it longer, and then wash it down with a protein shake. I hope lowering the pH of my stomach allows for a higher Bioavailability but that may be pseudo-science. I am getting 80 OC's and they can be used the same way? how do I properly divide a 80mg cause I don't wanna kick my habit up to a point where its unaffordable and im getting super sick when I run out.

Just had two bottle of krater extract and it actually is working lol I thought the shit was bunk but it def helps with the WD which to be honest are so minor compared to PW I throw myself into 6 months ago.

Funny story I drove across country with my girlfriend and had like 5 fake m30 and I am literally moving for a new job I just got after getting fired from my last one. I have people problems and my boss was a prick and waiting for me to come in slightly off and had me fired ASAP. Luckily I am very good at what I do and am in high demand so I found another job rather quickly. I was planning on getting off the fake m30's as I and my girlfriend drive cross country from LA to a East coast state. We stopped in four places, Colorado, Kansas, and Ohio before making the 14 hour drive to our final destination. I had these 5 fake m30 and I was gonna take one in the morning and maybe one at night to keep me ok for the drive and detox when we arrive at our destination. I didn't know that if you take subs they throw you into PW so.... I stupidly took 2 subs thinking it would help me but no no no it did not when I was in Ohio I was in PW and after about 4mg of Xanax and me screaming in pain I fell asleep to wake the next day and pop a m30 and fall asleep in the car with my girlfriend bugging out thinking im dying. I woke up in the state we were moving to and were staying fun a hotel until we figured out our living situation. I then took subs and throw myself back into PW LOL I am fucking stupid.... I ended up in the ER screaming about my stomach pain and constantly vomiting up nothin but bial. They first tried IV Tylenol LOL that did nothing, I was puking and screaming in so much pain that they thought my balls were tangled and gave me IV morphine. That somewhat worked but remember I had taken subs that morning so really that morpohine didn't do much I was still sick. They kept me over night and gave me IV stomach med to stop the puking and I came hime waited a couple days after starting ym new job literally a day after getting out of the er. GOD DAMN that was the worst ive ever had it, Now I always plan and manage my addiction. I am a junkie lol