Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying syringes in Sydney

catching fish

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

How do I go about buying syringes in Sydney? Can I just walk into a pharmacy and ask? Will they ask me why I need them and will I have to have an excuse prepared or will they just give them to me.

Is there a particular type I should ask for? I'm never bought rigs before.

I'm a little bit nervous that the will get all judgemental and bombard me with questions.

Thank guys

Needle and Syringe Exchange Programs (NSPs)
Telephone: 1800 422 599

There are many needle and syringe exchanges operating within inner city. Using clean needles and equipment from these services help to prevent the transmission of any blood borne or infectious diseases. Contact ADIS for location of nearest exchange program.

Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC)
Telephone: 02 9360 1191

Hope that helps.

There are vending machines outside some NSP's like the one in Auburn at the Hospital. I wanted Terumo's instead of BD's, so I went into ACON, 414 Elizabeth St Surry Hills, which is a short walk from Central Station and they have heaps to choose from. I got these:
IMG_20130518_070312.jpg

Going to a exchange will save you alot of money. However, in my experience when I have asked for a "fit pack" at any pharmacy they do not ask questions and even if they did it is none of their business. If you choose the exchange option the 1.0ml fits are what you're looking for (as shown above).

Went to ACON- fuck that place is amazing. The guy gave me a ten pack which includes everything you need for a shot (except a good filter).

Had a nice long chat to the guy- seemed really cool and it is great work that they are doing.

with clean fingers just tear a piece of the cotton from the balls included and roll it into a ball about the size of a rice buble. the smaller the better so it doesnt soak too much up. what are you having?

Hey guys, sorry for bumping my old thread but I have another question. Is the pack you get from needle exchanges like Acon the same as the fit packs they sell at pharmacies? Just out of interested how much does a fitpack cost at a pharmacy and what comes with it?

Cheers fellas

I don't know about acon as I'm rarely in the city, I reside out west. Walk into emergency at most hospitals and the triage nurse will provide you with however many boxes you need for free. There are many vending machines around too where you can buy a box for $2-$4. Afaik all fit boxes contain the same items, fits, water, swabs, spoon, cottonwool.

Another question, do pharmacy's sell micron filters or do you have to buy them on line?

great info here. I live maybe a 5 min drive from surry hills and redfern . . great to know as I've never had it in me to go buy over the counter

I would just say go to the msic (or the injecting centre) you can also pick up spare fits and other equipment there too I think. Look they are so close to the heart of sydney & you can inject right there with the help of a nurse & you can have a free cuppa after your shot! Plus they are REALLY non judgemental & they just wanna help you!! Try there. Otherwise yes, some pharmacists will sell you insulin needles (look on the diabetic needle association website) they list all the places that sell or give out needles & other stuff you might need!! Good luck

MSIC in the cross has wheel filters to use on site as well as butterflys but they aren't able to give them out in their NSP (as not covered by funding like the rest of the equipment). Both ACON and NUAA (cnr crown and albion st SURRY HILLS) stock wheel filters in their nsp's tho.

catching fish: a lot of times pharmacy's only provide the black box and fits, no waters, swabs, spoons or cottons. some of the vending machines are stocked well but just go to acon...they're fucking champs there or come visit us at nuaa

Sorry to bump and old thread but where are the vending machines that sell the packs? Also assume they have everything one needs to play?

Thankz again