View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Buspirone & LSD Interactions: Help?

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
I was recently put on Buspar 5mg twice daily and didn’t even think about googling the interaction like I normally do (I know I know very very stupid) but I was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a bad interaction between the two? I’m about 1-2 hours I’m off a quarter of a tab and am still coming up. My understanding of words/typing is starting to get fucked up (that usually happens for me on acid). But I just want to know if I should avoid taking anymore? I can barely find any info on the two interacting except that there are mild concerns of serotonin syndrome or that Buspar will slightly weaken the effects of LSD.

They do hit the same receptors. Buspar mainly hits 5-HT1a but also has affinity for 5-HT2a and other 5-HT sites

I've never heard of any interaction between the two, but they effect the same parts of your brain and hit a lot of the same serotonergic sites. I'm not sciency enough to tell you how they would interact.

1/4 of a tab and you're that high? Have you done LSD before?

I can comprehend reading/writing quite well even on upwards of 500ug. Reading is more of a challenge simply because the letters are moving and spinning around like alphabet soup (I simply cannot read it).

Last edited:
They do hit the same receptors. Buspar mainly hits 5-HT1a but also has affinity for 5-HT2a and other 5-HT sites

I've never heard of any interaction between the two, but they effect the same parts of your brain and hit a lot of the same serotonergic sites. I'm not sciency enough to tell you how they would interact.

1/4 of a tab and you're that high? Have you done LSD before?

I can comprehend reading/writing quite well even on upwards of 500ug. Reading is more of a challenge simply because the letters are moving and spinning around like alphabet soup (I simply cannot read it).
Thank you! And yeah I’ve been doing acid for about a two years now, our friend just gave us a free super strong tab last time we bought 🤙🏽🤙🏽

keep us posted
So the last time I tripped (the one mentioned in the post) I had a pretty good trip, fairly normal. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary outside of a cramping pain in my neck that occurred with the first 1/4 tab come up and on the 2nd. I only did half of the strong tab that night and was tripping balls.

this time though my Buspar dosage was upped to 15mg/day and I’ve taken the full half of the previous strong tab and half of a new tab and I’m 4 hours in with barely anything. I took 1/4 of the strong tab at 12pm, the other 1/4 at 2pm, and now I’m at 3:30pm having taken half a tab from a different batch. I’m kinda worried it’ll all hit me at once but normally I start to peak around 3-4 hours so idk what’s going on. The other half of that strong tab should have been enough but I think maybe the Buspar reduced the effects this time. I feel like I’m starting to come up now but I’ll keep this thread updated.

maybe don't waste the tabs, work to get off the buspar
Hey update so apparently the other half of my strong tab was just shit bc the new stuff made me come up within 30-40 minutes of taking it and I was tripping like normal 🤙🏽🤙🏽