• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Business Idea:An Alternative To Traditional Bars

Pariahprose

Bluelighter
With the legalization of Cannabis in Colorado and Washington an age of a new type of bar is likely to begin to emerge, one that serves its patrons marijuana instead of alcohol. It was upon the realization of the inevitable rise of such establishments where "legal" that I began to ponder the thought of creating another alternative to the traditional bar or a Cannabis bar. A third option for those who wish to be able to socially interact and responsibly get a buzz but do not like the enviroment of alcohol bars or live in a place where a cannabis bar would be considered illegal.

This opportunity is the idea of a "bar" that serves various legal 100% herbal products to its patrons. All available herbs would need to have a good degree of historical/traditional use documented. Some of the selection would include the following: Hops Hash, Kratom, Blue Lotus, Pink Lotus, other individual herbs, smoke blends, teas, or other consumable products. Alcohol woud be strictly prohibited and patrons would have to be 17 years or older(possibly 18 idk).

That is the basics/general outline of my idea without giving away to much detail on creative concepts that would be incorporated or other original ideas. I know that there are likely many barriers to this idea being successful. However, what does everyone think of it in concept and in obstacles it may encounter?

One of the main obstacles and probably overall my greatest worry would be the saftey of patrons upon leaving and them making it home after partaking in the products at my establishment. This seems to be of little genuine concern to most traditional bars as they do not seem to take any harm reduction practices to ensure their customers saftey. One idea is to offer access to information to contact a cab (which a regular bar does have at least in the form of a phone book) and to also have an inhouse cab service to take people home within so many miles(depending on whether it could be used as a tax right off or not is going to affect if it would be complementary as charity or cost).Another possible option could be the addition of a few rooms that people who cannot drive home may rent for the night so they can leave sober in the morning.

After this concern is probably how to deal with the safety issues and questions put forth by other people in society and their general perceptions of the business. The way I would approach this dilema is with the view that a lot of the saftey concerns and resulting stigmata on public perception of traditional bars comes from their lack of harm reduction and the way they ignore any problems resulting from the things they serve. Be transparent, active, and receptive to any issues that the general public raises.

Last edited: