• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Buprenorphine Maintenance in 2016 - MY wonder pill!

babygyrl

Greenlighter
I cannot say enough great things about bup (generic Subutex, this brand name is no longer being manufactured since the introduction of Suboxone)

I continue to shout it from the rooftops how amazing this med has been in my recovery, taking away the nasty withdrawal symptoms along with the ever-invasively destructive urge to abuse pain meds...going on 14 days abuse free and man...life is great! My DOC was oral opiates, to facilitate life during a shoulder injury IN THE BEGINNING...to be more exact: 120-200mg of Norco or Percocet, 8mg Dilaudid and 500mg Tramadol daily...just because it felt good even after my shoulder had healed (abuse territory).

I had a one month stint utilizing methadone (free) in a previous recovery attempt but even 10mg was too "heavy" for me - I slept all day and felt like a zombie. There was no way I was going to be able to function on the stuff.

I happily pay $12 a day now to dose my 8mg bup. Cheers to infinite weeks of recovery !

Gratz on making the switch babygyrl!

It definitely is euphoric when you first have that " I feel normal" feeling after getting on bupe and off pain killers.

Bupe definitely gave me the chance to take control of my life again and I'm so thankful for that.

Also, welcome to SL. It's always a pleasure to have someone sharing their journey of recovery. :D