The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Bucking the stereotypes

capetowndown

Greenlighter
I dont know if this is the right place for this thread, but since this is a "social" sub-forum, I guessed it was the most appropriate. Anyways...

I was inspired to create this thread after reading some recent heroin thread in ODD. Somebody was interested in IVing for the first time and damn near everyone who responded shared the wise advice of "Don't do it!" First and foremost, I am in total support of this advice, and I would tell anyone considering IVing anything that they should consider the their inspiration for making that decision instead of actually making that decision. Everyone here likes drugs, as do I, but using them to fill some void in your life is a terrible and destructive method. When I take a week long break from drugs and alcohol I genuinely feel better than I do on any drug, in a completely different way. My motivation comes back anew and I really feel inspired, and its awesome! But, I am getting off topic, as that is not what this thread is about..

So, everyone in that ODD thread said 'dont IV heroine!", no one does it once, it will ruin your life! I've done it, twice, a long time ago, and don't see myself ever doing it again. Am I really that extreme of an example? I know a lot of people fall after that first shot (or even snort), but I suspect I am not alone in my experience. I have my personal vices, but that experience did not grip me and consume me like all of the horror stories I hear around here. Again, this should NOT be taken as support for your consideration to IV H or anything else. I consider myself lucky, but I am also curious.. am I the only one? I guess there is a descent number of folks in my boat who didn't care about drugs enough to find BL, and thus won't voice their opinions here, but are there any BlueLighters with a similar experience as me?

This is not limited to H.

My last comment is that IV H was one of the most underwhelming drug experiences I've had. I'm not a downer guy, but definitely enjoy them in the right scenarios. I have had plenty of magical drug experiences, but my two times with IV H (the only two times I have ever done H) were pretty boring. Again, I consider myself lucky, as I have seen plenty of friends fall off the cliff on this shit. So... DONT DO IT!

I also agree with the advice not to start IVing if you're not already doing so.

And no, you are not alone there are people out there who are the same way. Far less common, but still there are people who can IV a few times and not just go off the deep end. I personally love opiates, I am a heroin addict myself. I am most definitely a downer guy. I have only shot up a few times and (while I most certainly would not call it underwhelming in the least bit) I didn't love it enough to start doing it all the time. I actually prefer not to IV, I am a snorter. Maybe it's cause I completely hate needles, but honestly I just don't think it's worth it. I still get plenty high off snorting it and I don't run the risk of ruining my veins and getting infections. Also I look (and personally feel) like much less of a junkie without tracks all over the place. There is also much greater risk of OD when IVing. For me there are many many cons to shooting up, and very few pros. The things I like are the instant onset and the way the rush feels, but I don't like them nearly enough to stab myself in a vein every time I want to get high. It's kind of good, but not even really.

No offense to those who do IV but I think it's just a little nutty to go down that road. Think about what could and is happening once you get too far down that path. That's always been way more than enough to keep me away.

I think there's definitely a difference if the person already has a habit and then tries IV. I'm not sure if that's the case with you op or the person that you're talking about but, even then there are people like Recky who just go back to their previous ROA. Still though I think it's a mistake to think that people will get away unchanged. You may have gotten away with trying it a couple times but, soon that might have turned into once a week then the whole weekend and before you know it you're physically dependent and your body and mind are telling you to get high. Like we always say no one plans on being a junkie and if you ask me it's exactly this type of "it's just a stigma" attitude that will get you hooked in the first place.

When i first IVd about a year into using i didnt particularly like it so i just continued snorting it (ive never had a problem with needles other than the fact that ive always had horrible veins thus making it a spectacular pain in the ass), then i started doing it IM cause i found it to be a good medium. I was still mostly doing it IM when i finally got strung out (it took me about 4 years of using about 2-3 times a week before my boyfriend got hooked and i ended up going right off the deep end with him, but after a month or two my tolerance was way up so i said fuck it ill just IV and havent looked back since, about 7 or 8 years ago now, 10 since i first used a needle and i couldnt see it any other way.

So in short, no, you dont necessarily have to go crazy with it, and it took me longer than most (amongst my friends anyway), but with pretty much everyone i know there is eventually a point of no return (heh heh that phrase always makes me think of back to the future).

So probably dont do it just to be safe.

Of course, if you ask the junkie in me, id say definitely do it just cause.

And thats why you shouldnt listen to junkies :)