• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Bromo-Dragonflown

Reminisant B

Greenlighter
(^Yeah the names geeky "Flown" etc but..)

Do you think shulgin or someone somewhere has made a cathinone fly compound?

Am I correct in thinking the N-methyl-amphetamine analogues are more stable (for cathinones) so what about N-Methyl-DOB-DragonFlown?

Any thoughts? 8(

Attachments

• dragonflown.gif
    dragonflown.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 127
n-methylating a psychedelic phenethylamine will abolish activity, except in the case of MDMA. This compound would probably not be active.

N-benzyl analogues of psychadelic phenethylamines and tryptamines show high 5HT2A binding affinity in vitro but im not sure that they have ever been evaluated in vivo so they might act as antagonists - but at any rate the N-benzyl should stabilise the ketone just as well as a methyl but without the loss in binding affinity.

Maybe the N-hydroxy would be a better bet? It should interconvert to the amine and give activity? I agree that N-methyl substituted IPA drugs lose activity, but not with the 2-chainers. Isn't N-methyl mescaline just as potent... or did I just dream that one?

S ;-)

The N-methyl will ruin the activity. The best course of action, as Mad_Scientist_ states, would be to use a N-benzyl derivative. The N-benzyl binds to a different amino acid residue. To memory, the best N-benzyl derivative to use was (ortho-MeO)Bz, it having the highest affinity and activity.

haribo1 said:
Maybe the N-hydroxy would be a better bet? It should interconvert to the amine and give activity? I agree that N-methyl substituted IPA drugs lose activity, but not with the 2-chainers. Isn't N-methyl mescaline just as potent... or did I just dream that one?

S ;-)

Think you've had a dreamy weekend - N-methyl mescaline is poo!

haribo1 said:
Maybe the N-hydroxy would be a better bet?

N-hydroxy-PEA have similar activity of PEA but higher dose is requied. --NH2 are easily oxydized into hydroxylamines in the body (see MDOH or HOT-x from PIHKAL) as Sulfides are oxidised to Sulfoxides by enzymes.

F&B, I've seen that N-ethyl-PEAs are similar effect of PEAs (in the case of 2C-B and N-ethyl-2C-B) but I dont understant ... An ethyl group is heavier than a methyl, right ? Why ethyl substitution dosent change the effects and methylated-PEAs are devoid of any activity ?

Do you think any of the unheard of / Currently unpublished FLY compounds might have empathogenic properties?

Pure speculation of course..possibly 2C-N-fly?

Vanadium said:
N-hydroxy-PEA have similar activity of PEA but higher dose is requied. --NH2 are easily oxydized into hydroxylamines in the body (see MDOH or HOT-x from PIHKAL) as Sulfides are oxidised to Sulfoxides by enzymes.

F&B, I've seen that N-ethyl-PEAs are similar effect of PEAs (in the case of 2C-B and N-ethyl-2C-B) but I dont understant ... An ethyl group is heavier than a methyl, right ? Why ethyl substitution dosent change the effects and methylated-PEAs are devoid of any activity ?

I would be very suprised if
1, the supposed n-ethyl 2-cb is really n ethyl 2cb.
2, real genuine n ethyl 2cb has any psychedelic activity at all.

Vecktor: The N-ethyl-2C-B is most likely the N-OH variety, or something else. The seller is not known for reliability, stated in a mild way.

Vanadium said:

I assume that the N-methyl was added to prevent dimerization so I suggested the N-hydroxy as 'the next best thing' Make via the substituted bromo propiophenone...

About 5 months ago I got out my remaining stash of 500 mg supposed "n-ethyl-2c-b", and just as I remembered it back in 2006, the experience was very similar to 2C-B, only with a slightly different timing pattern of come-up etc. Dosage was 80 mg and corresponded to a 20 mg 2C-B experience. So was just wondering if this "n-ethyl-2c-b" mystery was ever solved? Did it surface anywhere else than Scandinavia?