• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Bromazolam (Benzo addiction again)

Ms076

Bluelighter
i was clean for a month then tookt broma 2-4mg a day 7 days ca whole long taper? pls help. had severel benzo binges and haved tapered many times but i think i dont can life with that anxiety. in that week i was with friends, managed things and all went better becouse i can leave the house without benzos its a tourtur. i have respect for benzos and all but its so hard wenn i dont can do anything with that whitdrawls.

2-4mg a day 7 days ca whole long taper? pls help.
Hi and welcome to BL.
Can I get a couple unknowns straightened out before I try to be of assist?
Are you asking if you will experience withdrawals if suddenly dropped the bromazolam?
Also... Are you asking about a taper plan? Is there any brmzlm still available to you?
I dose brmzlm myself daily at low doses (like maybe .2-.4mg) but have been at much higher doses with lets say a "diminished" return.
I am tapering this substance at this time. It took a week for me to feel a 30% drop in doses as far as withdrawals but they came. I waited two weeks to stabilize and dropped another .1mg (which is a 25-50% decrease in stabilized dosage).
Benzodiazepine withdrawals are hellacious in my opinion and experiences with this. It has been posted that you know the taper technique so wont get into that ATM as I am a little confused as to where you are in dosing bromazolam.
Tapering isn't easy it takes a lot of self control and doesnt hurt to have some incentive to do so.
The post seems to reveal that there maybe heavy use of benzo during the composure of it...? Looks like my style of writing when I am on relatively higher doses of this substance or alprazolam.
No judgements just trying to see exactly what we have going on here.
<3

Last edited:
thanks for the answer. Yes you right I’m high on broma but I normally want to dose normal daily what I do max 1mg pro dose. I throw a bottle with 300mg away when I was high haha but i have like 600mg left of it and I want to taper it slow like you did.It helps in low doses so much to live normal..

i have like 600mg left of it and I want to taper it slow like you did
I see.
Well... I would normally suggest a 10% drop in dose until stabilized on a substance but benzos are weird for me cause it takes a week or more (depending on the dose quantity) for the symptoms of WD start to become noticeable. My experience.
But your post indicates seven days of use at 4-7mg a day if I read it correctly. A week isn't that long of a time to produce serious withdrawals from sudden cessation for me but for some it could be hell.
Have you tried skipping a dose here and there? Say put off the wake up dose til noon or skip the dose that would be a normal afternoon dose? I find that this is akin to working out and going from a lighter lift to a heavier one on occasion to condition the body/mind in regards to building confidence and assurance that there is some control in usage and at the same time throwing the same ol' same ol' a curve ball for better gains.
Maybe try just dropping them now and dealing with a relatively light rebound anxiety (leaving caffeinated or other energy producing products alone in the process). Ya may not have any fear of serious withdrawal.
However... If you experience WDs after a week of use then I would suggest dropping at least 30% intake (it has been only a week, right? ) and hold there for at least a week or two to measure any symptoms that may come. If not too serious hold that dose for another week before dropping dose again.
The issue I would have is that the longer one is on benzos (or any other drug) the more issues of getting off of them.
So... if ya feel ya cannot outright drop them after a week of use do an aggressive as possible taper to minimize length of time on the substance and lessen the possibility of WD syndrome.
I feel you have plenty to taper off a week of benzo usage but we are all gonna have some different experiences with getting off.
Can you try a day of not dosing the bromazolam and see what happens? I personally can get trough a normal day without dosing but I find for myself that it takes me a week at least to notice any WD symptoms in full bloom after months of use.
My aim is to get off of brmzlm but the only reason I picked it up was for the muscle relaxation properties and mild pain relieving effects for physical issues and it is the bees knees for me in checking these aches/pains. As I drop dose I feel those back and neck issues starting to come back so trying to figure other methods to ease these problems I have had for ages.
Do you feel confident in not taking any brmzlm for a full day? Think it is doable? I mean ya have plenty to pull you out of madness if it arises but maybe this doesnt have to be a long drawn out process.
Any particular reason that you want to get off? Other than falling down that pit of heavy use for a prolonged time, running out and possibly going through the hells of full on benzo withdrawal?
Just picking your mind and trying to get an idea of where you may be in the department of self confidence on the matter: Seems we can create a lot of unnecessary anxieties just by thinking there may be some whether this is based of horror stories read, experiences with etc.
What do you think... as you have been through benzo withdrawals before by what I have read...?

yes. i was in rehab 2 months ago... but the anxiety fucked everything i dont can go out bc of anxiety and get shit done. drinked a lot of alkohol but dats ass haha. i dont know what to do i want to live but on the other side alone the anxiety of running out is horroble. so i dose so low i can. sorry cant just talked with anoyone about that. take 3mg normal but one day 8 i think. i try one day without but i think it would be hard like before the brom. maaan why is this shit wd so hard it would be the perfect medi too keep me alive. anyways thanks for your long and good answer.

i try one day without but i think it would be hard like before the brom.
It is my experience that brom has a long half-life and a day without it is very doable, in my experience.
It would be optimal to find a "distraction" or two that can hold attention because dosing benzodiazepines (and other substances) can become a compulsive habit more than a need for relief from anxiety (in this case). Kinda like IV-ing drugs; the ritual of shooting up becomes just as much of a compulsion as the drug intake itself. This is just my experience with IV-ing and others seem to be in agreement with this observation.
maaan why is this shit wd so hard
Good question. =D Experiencing cold-turkey withdrawal from higher doses of benzodiazepines has been the worst WD than any other drug I have experienced. It has brought on psychotic episodes, sleepless weeks (which I think may exacerbate the psychotic "breaks" ), agonizing anxiety and have us on emotional swings that can be destructive to ourselves and others.
the anxiety of running out is horroble
All the more reason to taper the dose down now to help with this anxiety that (to me) is a mind game we play on ourselves. If the dose is lowered and eventually stopped we can use the substance as needed and not as a means of feeling that all is well in the world from no anxiety day after day... if we stay in this state it seems that we do not deal with what causes our anxieties and when we do decide to stop (or run out) those same issues come back and may be magnified.
I took the initiative to get at the roots of my mental anxieties/fears of being in public by seeking therapy with a psychologist in an effort to shed old and lingering causes of my anxiousness in public which happens to be a complex knot of traumas and not dealing with them in a healthier way as opposed to covering them over with substance use/abuse and self medicating for decades.
All of the above may or may not have a relation to what you are or have experiencing or experienced. Just sharing my own personal journey with life and substance use.
Be safe and whatever you do please do not mix this bromazolam with any opioid. It will be a recipe for disaster: Also a personal experience.
Hoping your holidays are happy and free of problems.
Best wishes

Good question. =D Experiencing cold-turkey withdrawal from higher doses of benzodiazepines has been the worst WD than any other drug I have experienced. It has brought on psychotic episodes, sleepless weeks (which I think may exacerbate the psychotic "breaks" ), agonizing anxiety and have us on emotional swings that can be destructive to ourselves and others.
yes man. been there from brutal alpra binges. many seizures etc. but still back on this shit. but alpras fucked my life up so much never take them but at the end i know benzo is benzo.
Be safe and whatever you do please do not mix this bromazolam with any opioid. It will be a recipe for disaster: Also a personal experience.
im on kratom and lyrica too. kratom ca 15-20g day. lyrica 400mg/day for a longer time. :/
Hoping your holidays are happy and free of problems.
wish you the same man. thanks alot.