• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Bromantane, how good is it?

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.
In my search for a sustainable dopaminergic Nootropic i’ve come across Bromantane and it sounds fascinating. it is not a traditional psychostimulant, instead it works bye up regulation of the gene and activity of tyrosine hydroxylase, The rate-limiting enzyme in the synthesis of dopamine. it may also enhance aromatic amino acid decarboxylase activity, further bolstering dopamine synthesis. other actions like dopamine and serotonin reuptake inhibition only occur at very high doses and are likely irrelevant to human actions.

Peoples experiences seem to be mixed with this substance, some reporting immense benefits and others reporting no benefit whatsoever. However, I do wonder if some of those getting no benefits are those combining Bromantane with a huge stack of other psychoactive substances. from what I’ve read, bromantane works best when taken consistently for a few weeks.
Anyone have experience with this? if so, I’d love to hear them.

I was not a fan, but never took it consistently. Does not feel amphetamine-like, which is what I was looking for.

Take one for the team, try it and let us know is it worth anything :)

I’d love to. Unfortunately, due to my blindness and dependence on family, getting hold of things like this could be quite difficult. I guess I could convince them of Bromantane’s safety, but I will have to introduce The topic carefully and slowly over time to get their interest.

I’d love to. Unfortunately, due to my blindness and dependence on family, getting hold of things like this could be quite difficult. I guess I could convince them of Bromantane’s safety, but I will have to introduce The topic carefully and slowly over time to get their interest.
I understand. One day you'll surely run into someone who'll be helpful with such stuff.
As for idea with your family, you know the best but maybe they wouldn't mind if you presented idea of trying various supplements as there's so much stuff that so much people seem to use. But I do see how that could be quite of a quest cuz for every person who's very into such things there's one or more really against it.

I understand. One day you'll surely run into someone who'll be helpful with such stuff.
As for idea with your family, you know the best but maybe they wouldn't mind if you presented idea of trying various supplements as there's so much stuff that so much people seem to use. But I do see how that could be quite of a quest cuz for every person who's very into such things there's one or more really against it.

Yes and then there is the added suspicion they would have about me given that I was interested in drugs/psychoactive substances from a very early age(Possibly nine years old).

I have used this in doses of 50 - 150 mg oral and didn't notice any acute stimulation, but I do remember being able to work (labor) longer before getting exhausted.
also it turns blue if you burn it ( I was on speed and bored so melted some once)

I tried it once or twice several years back and I got absolutely no noticeable effects at all. Could have been a bad vendor, could have been my unique brain chemistry, or maybe it just sucks.

Bromantane like a lot of other Russian pharms is frustrating, as the studies on it all use peculiar terminology to the Russian pharmacopia, so I have a real hard time translating those studies into Western paradigms. The studies on bromantane I've seen (wiki article for bromantane references 10, 18, 19, 20), don't seem to be high quality research.

The whole explanation of upregulating tyrosine hydroxylase feels like the claims that tianeptine is a "selective serotonin reuptake enhancer," in that I feel that there may be some more fundamental mechanism which is not yet described, located upstream of the tyrosine hydroxylase upregulation and stimulation

Bromantane like a lot of other Russian pharms is frustrating, as the studies on it all use peculiar terminology to the Russian pharmacopia, so I have a real hard time translating those studies into Western paradigms. The studies on bromantane I've seen (wiki article for bromantane references 10, 18, 19, 20), don't seem to be high quality research.

The whole explanation of upregulating tyrosine hydroxylase feels like the claims that tianeptine is a "selective serotonin reuptake enhancer," in that I feel that there may be some more fundamental mechanism which is not yet described, located upstream of the tyrosine hydroxylase upregulation and stimulation

Yeah the targets for these Russian psychiatric medications are very nonspecific and vague, like fabomotizole and mebicar, which don't do any one thing with high efficacy .

Not surprisingly, the effects themselves are vague and mild. Bromantane is such an example from my experience. Sort of made me feel cold, and a bit weird, perhaps vaguely stimulated, akin to the feeling you get 10 hours after taking dextroamphetamine.

Even phenibut which has been well characterized recently was originally described in the 1976 paper as being prescribed for:
"a healthy state of increased mental excitability and strain, dealing with states of uneasy nostalgic excitement and nocturnal unrest in vascular and senile psychosis, softly expressed disturbances and sleep, increases in muscular tone of the pyramidal type, logoneurosis in children, potentiation of the action of soporifics and neuroleptics, and premedication of surgical patients."

Even phenibut which has been well characterized recently was originally described in the 1976 paper as being prescribed for:
"a healthy state of increased mental excitability and strain, dealing with states of uneasy nostalgic excitement and nocturnal unrest in vascular and senile psychosis, softly expressed disturbances and sleep, increases in muscular tone of the pyramidal type, logoneurosis in children, potentiation of the action of soporifics and neuroleptics, and premedication of surgical patients."

"Nostalgic excitement" -- a distinctly Russian affliction