• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

bring pfunk mythology and ecstatic dance to buddhism

tantric

Bluelighter
historically, every time buddhism has encountered a new culture, it has resulted in a sort of revigorization as new schools are born. but so far, all the west has to offer is secular buddhism...which is a bit lame.

for the utterly clueless, parliament/funkadelic were/are a group of bands that came together in the 70s. thus was during the afro-power days when every american black was directly descended from nefrititi. the genius of george cllinton was in realizing that mythology is just a story, and, indeed, history is just state mythology. rather than digging thru african history, he flat out created his own mythology.

pfunkmythologylink

starchild, aka the maitreya buddha, is a divine alien being who came to earth from a spaceship (his arrival is "the Mothership Connection") to bring the holy Funk (with a capital "F": the cause of creation and source of energy and all life) to humanity. As it turns out , Starchild secretly worked for Dr. Funkenstein, the intergalactic master of outer space Funk, who is capable of fixing all of man’s ills, because the "bigger the headache, the bigger the pill" and he’s the "big pill". the funk is ecstatic dance. The disciples of starchild (“Maggotbrains” or “Funkateers”) consisted of anyone who sought a quasi- cohesive view of a universe which included a god who danced, and who knew that having a loose booty to shake was as crucial to the keeping of the faith as the rosary was for the Catholic.

what will america bring to buddhism? the FUNK. we will be first sect of buddhists who embrace ecstatic dance. it will spawn music, art, etc......and btw, monks don't take mdma because it would just be wasted, they live in that state.

the following is a bit i 'prophesied' while roasting my brain on dxm

the next buddha will have skin the color of dirt, six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. oh, yeah, and a freakin’ righteous ‘fro. and sunglasses – ’cause you gotta wear your sunglasses, so you can feel cool.

after he encounters nirvana, he will be tested. the MAN, lord of addiction and greed, will rise up before him and offer him all the moneys of the world. the buddha will look up and say “they are but dirt and ashes to my eyes, ” and the money will burn and the gold will rust into dirt.

then the MAN will threaten with all the armies of the oppressors. guns will be aimed, missiles will be armed, bombs will lock on target. the MAN will push his button and the weapons of hell will fly. then the buddha will look upon them and smile, and they will turn to flower petals and tabs of LSD and rain down upon the peoples.

at last, the MAN, knowing he has lost, will challenge “you are alone, who will know your accomplishment?” and the buddha will look towards the camera and smile, “the world is my witness”.

i keep telling people this, and they just laugh – “wow, what an imagination”, as if i’m kidding.

this is the buddhist story the above refers to:

Mara attempts to tempt Buddha, both with promises of glory and pleasure, and then begins to warn of consequences for breaking away from the prince's religious and secular duties. Buddha easily rejects these, knowing they are meaningless. Mara uses force against Buddha, appearing as a hideous demon and sending an army of likewise revolting and terrible creatures, bent on the bodily destruction of Buddha. They launch a volley of arrows at Buddha, but as these projectiles approach they are transformed into flowers and fall harmlessly to the ground. Buddha invokes the earth goddess to wash away the demons in a flood—the earth goddess obliges. The daughters of Mara try to coerce and seduce Buddha, but he recognizes them as they are, and is not swayed from his goal. Finally Mara mocks Buddha, and tells him his work is for nothing, as there is no one there to recognize his achievement. Buddha responds that the earth will be his witness, and after touching the ground the earth trembles in agreement. Thus Mara admits defeat for the moment; however, he is determined to carry on harassing the Buddha and his followers.

so, how do y'all feel about the chances of american buddhism embracing ecstatic dance?