• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction brain development

I dont think i have any long term damage from daily benzos all of highschool however taking xanax 3 x a day day i dont remember most of 4 years of my life. Sooo yea. Dont recommend im 21 and so i basically have 20% amnesia

yeah like I knew a kid in highschool who took 2 mg xanax 3 times a day he doesnt remember highschool.

Its pretty alarming how i basically went to doctor put my faith in him because i was 14 so it sounded stupid because common sense tells you not to take downers three times a day. And my mom didnt think it was a good idea but ran out of ideas and he keep feeding me all this bs how its not addictive and works forever.

Anyway sorry off topic it just annoys me when doctors have no common sense when i was too young to say your an idiot.

^ sucks d1nach mate, sorry to hear

both of them are pretty bad for you - i got brain damage from a heroin OD, but benzos tend to interfere more with development and with heavy chronic use can shrink the brain's mass just like in alcoholism

Benzos imo, they can lead to memory problems, increased anxiety etc.
But brain damage via hypoxia is more likely with opioids

I was on benzos for 8 years and suffered months of withdrawal. Then over a yr of severe PAWS. Only to then have to relearn everything in my life over again because of my fucked up brain or state dependent learning. Couldn't even remember how to do a job I had done for yrs. I also have to mention that I have done heroin for 20yrs and was on methadone for 12. Came off all drugs at the same time but I never had the severe mental dysfunction until benzos entered the picture.

My hands tremored for 3mths and I still have benign tremor in my left hand 2yrs later, after I had nodded out and slept on it yrs before and got Palsey limp wrist for 3mths. Never had the tremor in either till after benzos though.