Boyfriend is in severe pain and can't get anything. Advice please!

Hey all, I need to bring somethin' up with all of you in response to some repeated violations of the BLUA within this thread.

The BLUA states, with respect to the general usage of Bluelight:

PROHIBITED USE

Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited. Specifically, you may not:

1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation: attempting to solicit or obtain contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status; or information on how to do so; posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, or any information which can be construed as discussing such activity; actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

Kratom, as discussion pertaining to it is concerned, is a "quasi-legal drug"; it is not sold as a product for human consumption, even in raw form, but the context in which we are discussing it (for human consumption for the purpose of pain management) openly indicates our intentions. While this is allowed, putting that information in direct context with pricing questions/prices, names of vendors, or offers to dispense information relating to obtaining Kratom for the purpose of human consumption is not allowed here.

I can understand why there have been some troubles applying our site-wide rules regarding sourcing & pricing to Kratom, and the terminology "quasi-legal" may be seen as interpretive. But that's why I'm posting this message - to give all of you that information before it becomes an issue! Regardless of intention, this type of discussion still qualifies as pricing and/or sourcing and does not represent the values of the site itself. There are many other places online to have these discussions if you so choose; we'll defer to those places to facilitate such information.

Hope that's clear enough! My inbox is always open if you have any questions or comments.
Much love!!
<3
~ vaya

hello everyone! thanks for all the advice! i just thought i would post an update!

he's been off the oxy now for almost 2 weeks and he's doing better. his pain has subsided a lot and the only lingering effect of withdrawal he has is leg cramps and aches. right now he's soaking in the bathtub. i gotta give him a lot of credit, he went through the worst of it and all the while going to work everyday. methadone definately wasn't an option for him because he wouldn't be able to get to the clinic everyday before work. suboxone is too expensive and most places make you pay out of pocket if you don't have insurance.

sorry about the price questions. i haven't posted on BL for over a year so I forgot that rule! i apologize mods!

Miss Hollywood, This is great news!...You have done well and stood by your man when he needed you the most!...Withdrawal and work?...hes better than me!!! lol...No way could i do that day after day!. I wish you both the best and hope your mans pain keeps getting better...He needed a hero and you were there for him! Going through withdrawal with anyone is a nasty thing to see..

hello everyone! thanks for all the advice! i just thought i would post an update!

he's been off the oxy now for almost 2 weeks and he's doing better. his pain has subsided a lot and the only lingering effect of withdrawal he has is leg cramps and aches. right now he's soaking in the bathtub. i gotta give him a lot of credit, he went through the worst of it and all the while going to work everyday. methadone definately wasn't an option for him because he wouldn't be able to get to the clinic everyday before work. suboxone is too expensive and most places make you pay out of pocket if you don't have insurance.

sorry about the price questions. i haven't posted on BL for over a year so I forgot that rule! i apologize mods!
Just so you know if he does decide to try kratom the withdrawals from regular kratom powder only lasts 3 days or so and is peanuts compared to opiates. Its a bit like having a cold, and not even a real bad cold either

Cleveland Clinic has a Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program, I'd try giving them a call.
Google it for more details.

Well the only thing that comes to my mind is trying to get him into some kind of maintenance program (if your area subsidizes them), arguing that the pain is making him close to relapse. Its a terrible situation you two are in and I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.