Books - This will cause some problems ...

SpecilKNY

Bluelighter
Well i Feel that if anyone is allowed to raise this contervarsy just to hear the opinions it's me ...
The Subject - Books more Specific two books:
1. The Protocols of Zion
2. Mein Kampf
for those of you who don't know this books .. the first one is considered to be the first book that the Nazi party in germany grew from .. it's very hard
Mein Kamp - By Adulf Hitler himself basiclly telling hes life story ..
why do I feel the "right" to raise this - I'm jewish and I lost family in the hollacost (sorry about the spelling) ...
I just got this books and started reading them - when i told my dad he freacked out and though i was crazy !! what do you think ?
BTW - if anyone knows of other books contreversiol books for this subject please let me know
smile.gif

And one favor please- everyone is intitle to hes mind - I don't care if they will be posts like - great book and the holacoste was made up .. but no racial remarks please !! otherwise i will ask the administrators to remove the subject immediatly
------------------
Plur Now and Forever - SpecialK
"If at first the idea isn't absurd, then there is no hope for it". -Albert Einstein

Read "The Diary of Anne Frank" It is very sad, and not too controversial, but it is a great book, and I personally loved it... It will put a smile on your face when you see what one family risked to save some wonderful people...
PLUR,
K-Luv
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

K,
I think that you have every right to read those books, but I really don't think they are very entertaining... I personally tried to read them, and they totally disgusted me... They are really a waste of time because all they do is make you angry, and who wants that... This is just my little schpeel, but I personally don't like to read things that make me angry, but if you feel like you need to do it, then by all means do so because certain ordeals are very important in life sometimes... If you are just reading them because you think you "shouldn't," then I highly discourage it... Otherwise, read stuff that makes you happy because being happy is Kewl...
Love,
Caleb...

know thine enemy
otherwise you are just sticking your head in the sand. i thinks its best for all people to read these filthy little tomes, just so can know for sure how stupid and worthless they are.
but if you dont read it you will never know, and perhaps some people can seduced by the rhetoric of charasmatic fools.
i dont think we shoulod hide from these issues. i also dont think that we should be over serious in our discussion of these issues either.
as p.j. o'rourke said when questioned on his lighthearted approach to political history:
"being all uptight and serious about the Holocaust didn't stop Cambodia from happening..."
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

The grestest weapon is knowledge, and understanding. If you want my opinion, and I have no idea if you do, you have to take everything on the bright side...
par example,
concider for a moment if it had never happened?
our history would be very different... not only that, but so too would be our future. It was a truly awful thing, (the haulocost) and attempted genocide... But it is a part of who we are... every one of us.
Secondly, "The Protocols of Zion" may or may not be nazism, but the fact of the matter is, every single "governmental system" comunism, monarcy, anarchy, democracy, etc, ALL have thier advantages. What I mean is, there has to be something good that we can get out of them... I'm not saying that Nazism was good... not at all, but absolutely NOTHING on this planet is devoid of a "bright side"
I'm not trying to justify anything... but the fact of the matter is, it happened. It is in our history. To change that, woulc dhange our future.
Just becasue you may "disagree" with something doesn't mean that you shouldn't read about it. Your Dad freaking out because of your curiosity on the subject is no better than racisim, sexism, or homophobia.
I commend you for wanting to learn about your "people's" history, or rather the history of those who wronged your people.
and to kewl: (we meet again
wink.gif
) you can't not read something because it doesn't make you "happy"... you can't shy away from portions of your life because they make you "angry". History perticularly. Broaden your horizions, GET ANGRY... it's all a part of understanding the universe, this planet, the people on it, it's history, and future.
"do not go gently into this dark night,
you've got to rage,
RAGE,
against the dying of the light"
Dyllan Thomas (If I'm not mistaken)
------------------
Who you are never realy changes... It's who you THINK you are that does.

I think if you want to read something you should.
I might get alot of shit for this, but Hilter wasn't evil. There wasn't anything magically demonic about him. I'm not saying the things he did weren't disgusting. But if you take the most atrocious things you can think of (things which are just so bad that you feel that the person behind it is different and demonic) and try to understand them, or try to see where they are coming from to see why they choose the path they did, you will be better off. I think, anyway.
Just choosing to ignore the fact the he was a person, just a person like you like me seems bad somehow.
I don't know, I was drunk a couple of nights ago and was just noticing that when you're drunk, there is nothing but how you feel. No titles, no money, nothing like that. Just like on E. Everyone is brought to the same level. You see how similar everyone is.
I don't know where this is going, I'm just really tired. But read it if you need to.
rolling.gif