View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bodily discomfort from serotonergic psychedelics

FrogWarrior

Bluelighter
After using amphetamines for far too long, my dopamine levels are pretty low and I get bodily discomfort from time to time, like restless leg syndrome but all over. Its amplified like mad on serotonergics, but ayahuasca I felt like I was gonna explode. On 2-cb same thing. AMT is was pretty bad too. Benzos help a bit but not much. I tried taking amphetamine while on AMT and it worked, the bodily discomfort was gone and I could have the psychedelic experience without the physical agony. Since then I tried opioids and they work brilliantly too. Opioids cause dopamine release by suppressing GABA. NMDA antagonists work too but I can't go mixing normal doses of them with psychedelics. GABA_b drugs make this physical discomfort thing pretty bad too, and I can mix NMDA antagonists and cannabis with them, and I find cannabis works a bit but not much. NMDA antagonists work fairly well.

I've researched akathisia a fair bit and one drug they use quite often to treat it is benzatropine which is an anticholinergic. I can get scopolamine OTC in my country so I may give that a try, but its not that effective in low doses and taking high doses of that is dangerous as hell. However, in the Amazon they do add angel trumpets to ayahuasca brews, and pretty heavy doses of it too, so I'd say in low doses scopolamine would be safe to mix with serotonergics. Does anyone else have this problem with bodily discomfort from serotonergics? Before I got into amphetamines, I used to get it after MDMA or mushrooms, never during. Iboga is a funny one. During the first 8 hours my body is extremely relaxed, but after 12 hours or so the bodily discomfort hits and is agonising. I suspect this is caused by ibogaine having shorter lasting NMDA and sigma blocking effects, and longer lasting serotonergic effects. I wish I could talk to a pharmacologist about my experiences because I've learned so many things through direct experience, I just can't explain them because my pharmacology knowledge isn't extensive enough.

Does anyone know of a way to get in touch with a pharmacologist who would be able to make use of my extensive mind alteration experiences to gain new understandings?