• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Bluelights Cultural Influence In Drug Scenes And Our Own Lives

Joey

Bluelighter
This is an interesting topic. How do you feel Bluelight has influenced you on a cultural level in your real life? Has anything that people say or act out on in a cultural or slang style on these forums ever influenced how you present in real life?

Bluelight has absolutely made me the big bad druggist, yo. ☣️

It's taught me a lot of new social skills that I didn't have as much before I started posting regularly age 28 around the start of 2020.

It's given me an outlet for a ton of my personal feelings and issues to run amok and helped me find solutions at times that have definitely saved my life at points. I can't say enough to how much the great levels empathy, even sympathy, and comraderie all around has made me feel like a more whole person at the end of it all. Once I almost lost this site and my membership. It broke my heart so badly.

The second half of my breakdown which led to my ruin in my staffing here wasn't my fault at all. But that's incredibly tough to prove. Thankfully, some people stood up for me enough to get back online. So that despite what people may or may not have thought and think about my actions.. my behaviour at the time. Things worked out for me.

I was given a second chance in the end. And I am so grateful. This site has my heart and soul, and the people in it. I developed a whole new career from my involvement here.

I'll always be around to shit talk and cry or whatever I may do here so often.

It's been a really great and forgiving outlet for me. That's something that should be exemplified in the harm reduction motto of "meeting people where theyre at". Bluelight.org has that down pat and curb stomps ideologies that say otherwise.

I Even got into some journalism! Like a 2020s Hunter S Thompson of the harm reduction web in real life. I'm not kidding. I love this site to death and it's influenced my entire persona in what I feel is a largely positive way.

We absolutely have a unique culture and stylistic presence amongst all the different drug forums and media outlets for drug use and harm reduction in our emerging social media projects.

How do you feel about Bluelights presence as a drug users cultural icon in the 24 years it's been running? Bluelight was originally conceived in 1997 as a part of a site called the MDMA Clearinghouse as a harm reduction based raver forum. It became bluelight.ru in 1999 and bluelight.org in 2015 I believe.

Bluelight has a distinct style of its own and we do tend to fall into the patterns here with our style. It's a fucking cool place!

Last edited: