• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Blood pressure issue.

LSDiesel

Bluelighter
I am asking for a friend but I care for for her and hope to hang with her for many years to come.

she has high blood pressure and has always had high blood pressure but lately there’s been a few warning signs of heart troubles.

she is a lifelong daily addict with meth being primary drug of choice.

she reluctantly is beginning to take her blood pressure meds but doesn’t like the way they can make her feel depressed and feels depressed if she stops meth.

There must be some other tweakers who have used into their 50s and maybe even beyond. I thought maybe she could get what she needs (stimulation, energy) from modafinil and low dose LSD at times.

can anyone give me some advice on how to lower blood pressure while taking meth. I don’t think I can convince her to stop but lower her dosage is possible.

there must be someone else going thru similar trials.

Don't take this wrong but people with high BP and being prescribed meds for it is the only way to control it.

Adding meth into the equation is only asking for trouble. no matter how you slice it.

Your friend should take her meds every day and when doing meth check it every 4 hours ( at least ).

Strokes and sudden heart attacks from high BP and chronic meth use is common.

Someone needs to make sure that she takes her BP meds every day and watch her /him swallow them. Or take away the meth.

This is like being a heroin/fent addict and getting a hot shot. One minute your'e rushin'...the next minute you're dead. Same with meth.

Beta blockers cause depression, you need to interct with other things like calcium channels. Like Amlodipine it even decrease the risk of depression in none clinically relevant manner.
I really love and appreciate your fantastic knowledge on neurochemistry and pharmacology <3 But if you can perhaps make your replies a bit more accessible for the layperson, explain in a little more detail and provide examples of medications etc, that would be awesome :)