Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Birds singing in the morning

walkietalkie

Bluelighter
Hello people :)
On the way to work this morning I was walking on the side of the road, and I cross this little bridge over a creek. This morning it was swelling with water and the moss was nearly glowing, fresh green was coming up all over and the buds on overhanging trees have finally opened.
Well when I looked down into the forest I could hear birds singing loudly above me, and I was thrown back to my peak moments on higher doses of both LSD and Psilocybin. In those moments whenever I heard birds calling out in song, I could feel the inexpressable expressing itself so beautifully, much like the creek swelling, like something just wants to explode with laughter and bliss. Like my stomach is fuzzy, my mind wants to burst, my smile wants to break my jaw lol.
And then I remember how mushrooms always make me yawn, and that sensation throws me back to an animal mind, lying lazily on a rock under the Sun and yawning in satisfaction, not questioning the inexpressable but living as an expresison of it.
In the beginning was The Word, the only part of the New Testament I dig. The OM, the music, the rythm, the vibration. All trying to push something out which is already inside out :p
This thread has no real direction, Im leaving it open to any kind of spiritual or metaphysical or whatever interpretation. But sound is so beautiful and takes me back to a beginning I never experienced and an end I'll never know.

Goes so far to show you how LSD and shrooms are not mandatory for peak experiences. Birds will do the trick in a pinch ;).

For me, birds are the embodiment of joy, and I simply refuse to live in a place where I cannot feel their presence. A bird can make me laugh simply by existing, and that, to me, is as divine as it gets.

I'd personally like this thread to focus around birds, because otherwise it will be considered as a psychedelic-insight thingy and merged with the psychedelic-insight megathread...

Uh oh! Yea I dont mean for this to be entirely psychedelic, just that it recalled a memory of peaking. It was really just being love struck, a perfect walking meditation.
I love how the birds bring the morning in Spring. It feels like everything is being pulled in the right direction and they are filling the atmosphere with love!

awww yeh i can so relate~

on a particularly 'life-changing' mushroom and mescaline trip about 5 years ago ... the sun was rising and it was all rising up inside myself... the profound magic and beauty of life on Earth all around and inside my being...

and then all of a sudden the morning Chorus of all the birds below in the rainforest canopy was the divine sprinkling of life essence .>> hard to put in words but you've describe the experience quite eloquently walkietalkie ~

I remembered that these birds wake EVERY single morning and all sing there song of life ~

nice thread tangent~

n636791497_1254414_9462.jpg

this beautiful yellow-bellied sunbird is considering building a nest inside my shed at the present moment ~ I was sitting there yesterday watching him and he flew straight towards me intending to land my head... unfortunately i flinched and he took off !

My dad loves birds. There seems to be something about getting old and appreciating them.

Last saturday I was tripping on some 2c-e with a couple friends who were on 2c-i. We were in Lincoln Park along the lake in Chicago and we saw around 8 different Black-Crowned Night Herons flying over us really low. Most of them were in pairs, but a few were alone. Earlier on we saw a few Wood Duck breeding pairs. It was a great night.

Black-Crowned Night Heron
2375250934_cfccb14625.jpg

Wood Duck
wood_duck.jpg

Last edited:
on a particularly 'life-changing' mushroom and mescaline trip about 5 years ago ... the sun was rising and it was all rising up inside myself... the profound magic and beauty of life on Earth all around and inside my being...

That's it! haha :)

My dad loves birds. There seems to be something about getting old and appreciating them.

It's strange you should point that out, I've never even really stopped to think of that, yet several of my older family members sit and watch them every morning and make it known how much they love birds.
And I dont think it's because they are bored...

Bumped to avoid prune.

(Also, I can't let go of a thread on birds ;)).

You wanna try standing in the middle of a huge colony of thousands of giant fruit bats when they all wake up and take off at sunset, they create a peak experience, no drugs needed.

Birds singing as the sun rises is one of my favorite things. I get up about an hour and a half before sunrise so I get to experience that every morning. Makes getting up early worth it.

I happen to enjoy the sight of birds much more than their songs. Their interactions help me feel at ease, even on the darkest of days. They are becoming fewer and fewer in numbers... What are we doing to them?

You wanna try standing in the middle of a huge colony of thousands of giant fruit bats when they all wake up and take off at sunset, they create a peak experience, no drugs needed.

One sunset a few months back, we had a swarm of bats fly pretty much directly over our house. There were thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, forming a black ribbon in the sky some 10 metres wide, from one horizon to the other. It was amazing.

You should hear the cacophony of Birds at my place every morning when I wake up.
Cockatoos, Galahs, parakeets & most of all so many laughing Kookaburras.

Sounds so good in the morn.