• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

~Bill

I'm not sure how my mind wandered toward this yet again, however the relative chaos of my life during that year of 2002 no doubt plays a significant part. Somehow, the cathartic events of that time managed to find themselves compressed into just 12 months, as unbelievable as this fact seems to me in hindsight. The relative intensity of that period still remains quite vivid, and I cannot help but internally revisit those times often, for better or worse. It's difficult to elaborate further without this degenerating into a litany of sad cliche's, suffice to say that it came to pass that Bill's death became a part of this small, formative year in my life, one of the events that lodged itself in my psyche. Moreso, it happens, than I would have thought.

Essentially it was Bills irrepressible combination of wit, wisdom and generosity that set him apart. This isn't just lip service to a dead man. In our current time where more often than not wit is replaced with egoistic cynicism, wisdom and ethics are traded in for intellectual apathy and self-righteous individualism, and true generosity is hard to come by... I feel that more and more Bills passing has made it a colder world for all of us.

Collectively we are harmed by Bills passing. Those that knew him, yet failed to know him well, shall always regret the lost opportunity. I know I am among them. However, those that never met him lost more than they ever shall know.

This ramble sounds pretentious and doesn't do proper service, but
Thats all.

Last edited:
if there is any afterlife - i am sure he is there enjoying himself.i didnt know him but everyone deserves to be remembered.
peace

Initially I'd met Bill several times on the dancefloor, and he knew a few of my friends. Then on my 21st birthday he came along to a party with us, and we got to talking. Of course I was in awe of him, Bills all-round brilliance was apparent to anyone who spent more than 5 minutes with him.
The next morning he got a lift with me somewhere (can't remember now), and when I got out of the car to say goodbye, he gave me his neck beads (in the picture above), which I had admired earlier that morning.

I have them next to me now, they stay close by. Who'd have thought plastic beads would be so precious.

After that I got to know him, had many cuddles and laughs, bizarre in-jokes and smartarse banter. I just wish we got to keep him for longer.

I miss Bill.

Just had another friend pass away...

Always makes me sit down and bring back old memories of friends who i can't see anymore.

Miss ya Bill.