Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Big Vape comes to Canada and the effects won't be known for decades

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Big Vape comes to Canada and the effects won't be known for decades
Kelly Crowe
CBC
September 1st, 2018

Consider it a real life public health experiment on the effects of inhaling nicotine vapour.

The results won't be known for decades, but vaping is poised to take off in Canada now that it's officially legal to sell nicotine vaping products under the federal Tobacco and Vaping Products Act.

And with the law in place, Big Vape has landed. On Thursday the U.S. vape company Juul Labs announced it's coming to Canada.

"The company's mission is a simple one: impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers -- and the five million in Canada -- by creating a satisfying alternative to combustible cigarettes," the company said in a news release.

"This is potentially a very big deal," said David Hammond, a University of Waterloo professor who studies tobacco use. He's been watching Juul for a while.

Read the full story here.

Have any of you tried the Juul vape? How does it compare to a normal refillable e-cigarette?

The nicotine salts in a Juul hits a lot harder than regular old freebase nicotine in normal e-juice. Vapor production is about the same to old school carts/e-cigs. Very different from sub-ohm devices though, and god help anyone who tried to hit nicotine salt at a high concentration in a sub-ohm device.

Basically the nicotine in a Juul type device is a LOT more potent than "traditional" juice made using "normal" freebase nicotine. The dangers of nicotine salts are entirely unknown when it comes to vaping though.

I'd take a Juul over the old school e-cig devices, but I'd take a sub-ohm dripper RBA running on freebase juice over a Juul any day. Better flavor, slightly harder to OD on nicotine, more enjoyable experience all around for me.