• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Best Chemistry scene from Breaking Bad

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
I gotta share this. Personally I find this particular scene from Breaking Bad to be the most badass and illustrates the importance of Chemistry background for meth cooks.

Walter shoots some of the critical questions to Victor (who isn’t a chemist but a “cook” who follows a “recipe”—in this case replicating every step Walter does). I think the more legit chemists produce synthetic street drugs like methamphetamine, amphetamine, etc. the more predictable are the effects and side effects (assuming there isn’t no contamination with cutting agents of course). I believe most of dilution and contamination is done by drug dealers who have zero knowledge of chemistry. And people die due to contamination by those retards.

Anyway, here’s the YouTube video of the scene (it’s pretty short but it conveys the message):

Last edited:
Yeah it's a good scene. Fucking GREAT show! The tension in that scene is palpable, great acting all around, even from Victor - his snivelling face when he smiles at Gus whilst preparing to cook, so glad of what happens to him!

The bit they got wrong in the first series. D-meth is so much better than raceamic.!

The bit they got wrong in the first series. D-meth is so much better than raceamic.!

Yea if I recall they never mention any enatiomeric separation. But based on the route obviously it would end as racemic product.

Also the fact he couldn’t find a way to make his own methylamine is rather sad too for such an accomplished chemist.

Despite all that, it’s honestly one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. The character evolution and the way they make you start the show sympathizing for him and realize by the end he was evil one all along. Also how they tie everything together, it’s done on a level no other show has come close to. They were probably all on meth writing it.

-GC

Yea if I recall they never mention any enatiomeric separation. But based on the route obviously it would end as racemic product.

Also the fact he couldn’t find a way to make his own methylamine is rather sad too for such an accomplished chemist.

Despite all that, it’s honestly one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. The character evolution and the way they make you start the show sympathizing for him and realize by the end he was evil one all along. Also how they tie everything together, it’s done on a level no other show has come close to. They were probably all on meth writing it.

-GC
Yeah, but you got to see the effect of thermite on shitty locks!🤣

-GC
Makes me wonder, wouldn't a guy like Gus spend some money in liquid chromatography for isomer separation if the end product's racemic? I mean, digging a hole and constructing an underground lab with Germans, buying all those expensive equipment, etc., shows he's serious enough about his product. Pretty sure both Gale and Walter are smart enough to know about analytical chemistry (Gale also mentioned about chromatography when Gus was meeting him at his lab to test the purity of various meth—you know during that classic periodic table song scene).

Also, Walter wasn't preparing his meth using pseudoephedrine as a precursor anyway, so Victor could've just said that when Walter was ranting about what's being eliminated when pseudoephedrine is reduced to methamphetamine.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder, wouldn't a guy like Gus spend some money in liquid chromatography for isomer separation if the end product's racemic? I mean, digging a hole and constructing an underground lab with Germans, buying all those expensive equipment, etc., shows he's serious enough about his product. Pretty sure both Gale and Walter are smart enough to know about analytical chemistry (Gale also mentioned about chromatography when Gus was meeting him at his lab to test the purity of various meth—you know during that classic periodic table song scene).

Also, Walter wasn't preparing his meth using pseudoephedrine as a precursor anyway, so Victor could've just said that when Walter was ranting about what's being eliminated when pseudoephedrine is reduced to methamphetamine.

I mean in theory yes. Based on everything I’d assume if this was actually a look into a real life situation, Walter was probably separating the isomers. It’s really not hard, tartaric acid is easy enough to obtain. I just wish they had tied up that lose end as one doesn’t magically get pure d-meth from the route they describe.

I’ll also admit it’s been like a decade since I watched the show so am a little rusty on the dialogue.

-GC

I suppose it had to be somewhat value so that critics couldn't suggest that it was a 'how to' video.

One day someone will make a film about Casey... specifically his spare bedroom and his entire setup on a single table. Of course the idiot was sending stuff to the US. The UK has lots of customs control when entering, almost none when exiting and for LSD, Amsterdam is a good place to find people who will buy 100g bags.

Yeah, they didn’t get things wrong by accident. Many small mistakes are made for purpose of not being accused they made “how to” series. Someone from production of series said that.

Having seen REAL large-scale amphetamine labs, they look NOTHING anywhere nearly as high-tech as BB. Someone worked out that HUGE (say 75l) RB flasks & the stuff to fit it are watched.

So in Europe they use 50l beer barrels as reactors and the still-head and condenser are made out of stainless steel. Someone in Europe someone is setting up this design in many nations. My bet is that for a given fee someone will 'install' a setup, 'train' staff. If they were smart, they would then move on but all the images I see are clearly 1 construction group.