• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best and worst food experiences on a psychedelic.

I feel compelled to echo the Calypso sentiments. I discovered them at a gas station convenience store long before they became widespread *adjusts man bun and thick-framed glasses* and instantly adopted them as my new favorite beverage(s). The peach is best IMHO, but they're all good.
They're up there but where I'm from they sell a tall 99 cent can called peace tea. They're the best gas station drink around but since I've moved to Florida I've yet to see one

On another note, my best psychedelic food experience, once, two hours into 200ug 1P-LSD i discover the beautiful, succulent fruit of the gods called starfruit. To those who haven't had the opportunity to try this Nature's work of art the best way i can explain the taste is like a hybrid between a nice, juicy, green apple and a kiwi. As soon as i bit into this little green piece of delight my mouth filled with watery goodness, the citrus hitting my tongue resemble the tiniest pleasurable electric charges rushed from my tongue to my brain, creating little firework cev's. That has to be my favorite food experience ever.

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear everyone else's food reports! Love reading trip stories! <3

Starfruit can kill me. There's an oxalate something or other that I can't metabolize because of kidney failure. But yeah, they are beautiful and I used to buy them.

Worst food experience was trying to make pad Thai (or is that Pad thai?) and failing the complex instructions that I could barely follow when 100% sober. I left a wok with hot oil on the stove for god knows how long, and I threw out all of the shrimp and chicken because it was raw and I couldn't stand to touch cold dead flabby animal protein. The noodles never got cooked and the kitchen was a bomb blast zone.

Best food experience is one I'm having today; ice cold root beer, apples and shrimp/crab crackers from a Chinese store. It could definitely be a better food experience, but my stomach is *just* a wee bit too unsettled for anything more substantial. But once I smoke some weed I might be able to manage peanut butter on a burger or Mac n Cheese.

Tom

actually screw that; the idea of having to put something in my body and auto digesting it is vaguely nauseating - at the moment. it is disquieting that my body will digest regardless of what my preferences are. And yeah, I'm still waaaaaaaay too high.

They're up there but where I'm from they sell a tall 99 cent can called peace tea. They're the best gas station drink around but since I've moved to Florida I've yet to see one

That's odd, I've seen (and had) Peace Tea in south Florida before... They are pretty good. I know several people who swear by them. Best course of action? Keep a stock of both in the fridge =D. If you can't find any locally, you can order 12-packs on Amazon. Worst case, the flavored Arizona teas aren't a bad substitute.

That's odd, I've seen (and had) Peace Tea in south Florida before... They are pretty good. I know several people who swear by them. Best course of action? Keep a stock of both in the fridge =D. If you can't find any locally, you can order 12-packs on Amazon. Worst case, the flavored Arizona teas aren't a bad substitute.
The snoberry peace tea specifically <3 my one true love

Best: Most fruits. I especially like to eat bananas during tripping, something about the whole ritual I really enjoy myself doing.

Honey. I normally don't have a sweet tooth, but honey while tripping is from another world. It has got great tonic effect so just a bit every couple of hours we'll keep me feeling much energised and mentally agile. Most times I end up indulging a bit too much.
A couple of sips of tea are a great tonic too, though not such an experience.

Worst: Meat. And I am quite a carnivore as per usual. But tripping I don't like it at all.

Had a large amount of N-BOME with friends and smoked some sticky with it. I didn't realise at the time but bud sends me completely wrong on psychedelics, and I was freaking out a little bit. Had to go downstairs to eat with my parents, and it was beef stirfry. Every time I brought it near my mouth it melted through the fork and I couldn't stomach eating it, nearly puked.

Best: Green Chia smoothie.
Sober me: "Ugh, gross."
Me on AL-LAD: "Hey, I am ready to challenge my old preconceived notions - let's give that smoothie another chance. HOLY FUCK THIS IS REFRESHING!"

Also good: Ovaltine. I remember eating an apple and throwing it away halfway through, as was a piece of Zwieback. I am sure they would have tasted perfectly fine when sober (as I made sure to write down in my trip notes), but on 1P-LSD (or was it ETH-LAD?) they just tasted flat and mealy. Ovaltine, on the other hand, still managed not to disappoint though ("Ovaltine outcompetes lysergamides at 5HT2C", as I put it).

Worst food: peanut butter. The last thing you want when you have a dry mouth from Lucy and weak jaw muscles is some sticky PB all inside your mouth.
Best food: ice cream (with sprinkles [makes it look trippy]) It's like an orgasm for your mouth.

DMT entity

Two.

One on on DMT it was a CEV, more real than real a small cartoon like entity with crosses on the pattern, he was walking from a distance and got closer and closer and then on contact opened is arms and kind of absorbed into me . Nothing but the blackness and him it felt like a he. I remember saying thank you.

The other probably the best taught me oneness and the world as we know it is all polar opposites . Love hate..day night etc in order for it to be possible. I saw an OEV of a circular Maya calandar I think it was.. symbols revolving in a circle.

I wish I could draw these but it seems that you forget the detail.

Last edited:
^^ haha, awesome. I've had the "dichotomy" trip too, it was on a combo of LSD and 2C-B. I made a painting about it the next day. :)

But this thread is asking for your best and worst food experiences on a psychedelic. =D

On an acid trip a good 20-odd years ago, I remember eating slice after slice of seeded bread, because the sensation of the seeds popping between my teeth was so amazing. A fruity ice lolly has been known to go down a treat too, depending on the intensity of the experience and if I've been capable of even understanding the concept of food, let alone thinking about the process of getting and eating it

The worst food experience I had on drugs, not psychedelics, was on Mephedrone when it was still legal to buy here and I'd stupidly got myself into a situation where I had to use it daily to undergo commitments without being ill or incapable until I had I had a couple of commitment-free days to take a break & feel ok again.....
anyway, this one particular day I'd arranged to go out to lunch with my Grandma, and of course I didn't feel in the slightest bit hungry, but not ordering anything was not an option, so I ordered a chicken panini which was so dry and difficult to chew, that I honestly thought it was the panini at fault, not me, complained about it & had it replaced with another

Curiously enough, the replacement was just as dry & difficult to eat, by which time I knew that I couldn't send it back again as it was probably fresh & delicious to most sane people, so had to force myself through most of it, even though I felt like I was eating a cardboard box

Drinking orange juice while tripping on lsd or mushrooms is probably the only good food psych expierience in can recall. Usually food + psych drugs = a hot steamy mess ;-)

Come to think of it I hardly ever eat while tripping because I feel like I'm just gunna throw it all up. Had a bowl of krave the other day after taking a tab and a half though and it was buff

Love ice-cream so other night decided I will have some about 4 hours into a 300mcg 1P-LSD trip. I couldn't make head nor tail of the cold sensations in my mouth - it felt hot thought the 1P had fried my brain and I would never be able to sense hot and cold properly in my mouth again. Scariest f**king ice-cream ever!