• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo Question

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Does using Benzo's as needed (say twice a week) for anxiety still cause addiction/tolerance? Or is that only for those who use Benzo's daily for a while?

Twice a week at which doses? And which benzos?

You are likely to experience tolerance, rebound effects and mild-severe psychological addiction.

Physical addiction is usually with chronic use for an extended period of time.

I use valium at will. I'd just take 10-30mg a week and sometimes go like 2 weeks without and such. Keep it at that kind of level.

Yeah bro! Lol.

I take up to 40mg max a week. sometimes I don't have any and just do without.

That dose is hella low as well man. You'd be fine.

The most I experience is rebound effects which are quite annoying. The anxiety and lowered mood.

not a dose that low 2mg twice a week is more than safe
but start upping the dose and take it more frequently then you'll have a problem
but you're good no need to worry
hell at that rate you can go a looong period of time if you stick to those doses i applaud you if you can keep it that way
valium is very very convincing to say the least

no 2mg diazepam twice a week is almost placebo effect in my opinion.

no 2mg diazepam twice a week is almost placebo effect in my opinion.
not really it affects me at such a low dose i take that as well
i dont respond well to benzos i mean i do but they hit me hard i also take .125mg of xanax yeah not 125mg but .125 and it works fine for me
not all of us are the same
but to answer the OP question that 2mg isnt enough nor strong enough to cause any ill effect like addiction or dependency if in fact taken only twice a week

To answer your question no that isn't addiction, more of an aid but try to stay away from it .
I neeed to post somewere for help, to cut to the chase I have a question.
I am taking around 3-6mg of kpin a day,i have pills left, how do I sober up or at least lower dosage?

but don't no how to post my own question. BUT PLEASE LISTEN ME OUT
I been on Xanax/klonopin since 16 years of age(oo well cant go back). So I went to rehab not for benzos exactly I started abusing painkillers. since rehab I have been just taking kratom or benzo. im stopping kratom forsure.I cant afford nor like the desires its leaves me. I am addicited to benzo, im not in the position of my life to get clean again. I have a prescription for 1mg a day klonopin, which doesn't do anything, honestly I need 3mg of kpin to relax. I am 23 years old and not to feel sorry for myself but I have no close friends but today I took6mg of kpin and I ended up smoking weed with my employers. I had a great time which I cant remember having in the longest.

Scole388 I see this is your first post but why wouldn't you just start a new thread on the forum to ask this question? Its not really relevant to the rest of this thread, so there is no need to bring up a thread from a year and a half ago to post this.

Your post is a bit all over the place and confusing to me.

Ill try and assist you anyways with what I think you are asking... So you are scripted 1mg of klonopin a day, but went ahead and took 3-6 a day and want to know how to drop your dosage back down to 1mg a day? or are you trying to get off of them completely? as you asked "how do I sober up?" well I would try just taking a little bit less than you have been each day. How long have you gone from taking your prescribed dose of 1mg daily to 3-6mg a day now? And is it more commonly 3 or 6mg you take, or somewhere in between 3 to 6mg? which amount have you been taking more of 3mg, 6mg, or what? Whatever the dose is you have been taking more commonly, just drop 0.5-1mg a day until your back at 1mg a day. Don't rush it or it will be a lot more uncomfortable, just take it slow if possible with the taper.

I have taken klonopin for a long time, about 4-5 years now, and it has made my life so much better, but I take it for legit reasons. I have really, REALLY bad social and general anxiety disorder, not to mention insomnia to boot, so I am one person who really needs something like klonopin to get through each day and act like a normal person. I don't take it to get messed up, I take it because I need it to live like a normal human being. So if you are taking klonopin strictly for recreational purposes or to get messed up, then your probably not going to get very far or have good results with it, as you will just keep messing with your tolerance and have to take way more than you have scripted to you, and continuously keep upping your dose to feel good not to mention go into the most hellish withdrawls of your life when you run out of them, and wont be able to get anymore because no pharmacies will fill your script that early.

If you legitimately need klonopin like I do, then sit down with your doc and explain to them that 1mg isn't doing enough for you and feel like you would really benefit from like 2mg a day and go from there until you feel like you are on the right dose for you. Just be honest. That's what I did when I started out at 0.5mg a day of kpin the first month I was on it, just kept telling my doctor as he kept raising my dose by 0.5mg each visit that I still felt like it was still lacking, until I eventually was put on 4mg a day and I felt perfect there. I have steadily stayed at around 3-4 mg a day ever since, excluding the year I switched to valium instead which I actually liked even better than kpin, but I was put back on kpins when I had to switch docs. So now I am back at 3-4mg a day of kpin like before and I feel fine with that dose. High doses of benzos aren't for people who are irresponsible with their meds, that will usually just end up in a really bad benzo addiction and most probably spiral out of control. Be careful with those things.