• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Trigger Warning Belbuca question

Binky7766

Bluelighter
I began Belbuca for pain beginning yesterday. Since it goes in the cheek only & shouldn't go under the tongue, what I am supposed to be doing with the saliva that it is producing in my mouth, containing, of course, some of the drug? How do I know when it's done dissolving when it does leave a bit of a residue? And, when it's done, how should I be getting the residue out of my mouth? It's virtually impossible to not swallow some of the med.

Also I've only taken 2 doses so far (950 mgs twice per day) & feel no pain relief. No pain relief & no euphoric feeling. This is the highest dose of mgs that you can take of this drug! Does it need to build in your system over time? I can ask my Dr. on MONDAY unfortunately. CVS pharmacist always too busy to focus on any questions.

If this doesn't work, I wonder where my pain Dr. will go with things.

PS-I have a very very high tolerance for opiates.

Last edited:
Are you certain you're on 950 mgs of bupe (2×) a day? That's a fuck ton. You won't get the type of euphoria you might from oxy or heroin from it because it's a partial agonist. How long have you been using opioids and how high would you say your tolerance is?

Are you certain you're on 950 mgs of bupe (2×) a day? That's a fuck ton. You won't get the type of euphoria you might from oxy or heroin from it because it's a partial agonist. How long have you been using opioids and how high would you say your tolerance is?
Yes, 100% sure it's 950 mg every 12 hours. I read that that could potentially be what doctor would prescribe, but they would not go any higher than that. I have an extremely high tolerance for opiates neither drug nor Percocet helps my hip And shoulder pain. PS-I'm sorry, it's 900, not 950mgs.

Last edited:
Yes, 100% sure it's 950 mg every 12 hours. I read that that could potentially be what doctor would prescribe, but they would not go any higher than that. I have an extremely high tolerance for opiates, so neither this new drug (beluga) nor Percocet helps my hip And shoulder pain

I am not familiar with belbuca, and maybe like zubsolv, it's a different formula/preparation of some sort. Because an average daily dose of buperenorphine in Suboxone or Subutex is 8-16mg. You are saying you're taking 900mg. So maybe that's where the confusion lies.

I am not familiar with belbuca, and maybe like zubsolv, it's a different formula/preparation of some sort. Because an average daily dose of buperenorphine in Suboxone or Subutex is 8-16mg. You are saying you're taking 900mg. So maybe that's where the confusion lies.
Yes, Belbuca mgs are measured completely differently according to my doctor. The drug is the Buprenorphine, minus the naloxone. So it is a painkiller, supposedly. I am familiar with the Suboxone, but the Belbuca film is different as well. I guess I'm not going to get many answers on this site since the drug seems to be relatively new.

Yes, Belbuca mgs are measured completely differently according to my doctor. The drug is the Buprenorphine, minus the naloxone. So it is a painkiller, supposedly. I am familiar with the Suboxone, but the Belbuca film is different as well. I guess I'm not going to get many answers on this site since the drug seems to be relatively new.
Yes I had never heard of it at all, but if what you're describing is correct, it's basically a different formulation of Subutex, which is just buprenorphine.

From looking it up briefly, I'm reading that the maximum dosage is 900 mCg, every 12 hours... 900 MICROgrams, not milligrams. Which is a smaller dose in the order of thousands.

After briefly researching it, it appears to actually be 900mcg of the drug Buprenorphine from what I understand.

In regards to the leftover spit/residue type stuff, I would think that it doesn't matter what you do with it after 10-20 minutes has gone by, as long as you've given it time to absorb in the blood vessels in your gums. That's generally how long I would make sure to hold the spit when I took Suboxone and zubsolv previously.

If you have an extremely high tolerance to opiates as you said, buprenorphine likely will not give you a great amount of euphoria. Although yes it might build up in your system and work a little bit better over the coming days/weeks. I guess the hope is that it will help with your pain, but generally speaking, buprenorphine is not known as a very strong analgesic.

I am guessing they are prescribing this drug as an alternative to traditional opiates as it is less likely to be abused/cause dependence.

What was it that you took previously?

Yes I had never heard of it at all, but if what you're describing is correct, it's basically a different formulation of Subutex, which is just buprenorphine.

From looking it up briefly, I'm reading that the maximum dosage is 900 mCg, every 12 hours... 900 MICROgrams, not milligrams. Which is a smaller dose in the order of thousands.

After briefly researching it, it appears to actually be 900mcg of the drug Buprenorphine from what I understand.

In regards to the leftover spit/residue type stuff, I would think that it doesn't matter what you do with it after 10-20 minutes has gone by, as long as you've given it time to absorb in the blood vessels in your gums. That's generally how long I would make sure to hold the spit when I took Suboxone and zubsolv previously.

If you have an extremely high tolerance to opiates as you said, buprenorphine likely will not give you a great amount of euphoria. Although yes it might build up in your system and work a little bit better over the coming days/weeks. I guess the hope is that it will help with your pain, but generally speaking, buprenorphine is not known as a very strong analgesic.

I am guessing they are prescribing this drug as an alternative to traditional opiates as it is less likely to be abused/cause dependence.

What was it that you took previously?
Ohh on the mcg's!

I was previously on Suboxone, because my doctor wanted to do a trial with some of his pain patients to see if it would help chronic pain, but it didn't. So yes, now I am on the suboxone minus the naloxone.
Regarding what have I taken? I've taken everything. Percs don't touch the present state of pain that I'm in and I'm sure oxy's wouldn't either. I am too immune at this point. so I don't know what it will take to kill this pain.

Ohh on the mcg's!

I was previously on Suboxone, because my doctor wanted to do a trial with some of his pain patients to see if it would help chronic pain, but it didn't. So yes, now I am on the suboxone minus the naloxone.
Regarding what have I taken? I've taken everything. Percs don't touch the present state of pain that I'm in and I'm sure oxy's wouldn't either. I am too immune at this point. so I don't know what it will take to kill this pain.
I see. Well I'm really sorry you're dealing with pain like that. It really sucks I'm sure.

But yes if Suboxone didn't work super well for you, then it's doubtful this will be any different. It is the same active ingredient, buprenorphine. The naloxone doesn't really have any effect. Suboxone is normally dosed in 8 and 12 mg. In comparison each dose of that is 0.9mg. So probably even less.

It's definitely unfortunate the situation they put chronic pain sufferers in... It oxycodone isn't helping your pain, why would they even expect buprenorphine to? I would just be straight up with your doctor and tell him that it's not doing anything for you. Maybe in addition to the traditional pain medicine, there are other types of meds, or physical therapy you can try. It all depends on what your pain is from.

But no this is basically the same thing is Suboxone... It's just dosed on the gums instead of under the tongue but it's the same active ingredient, just without the naloxone and it's dosed lower.