• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Being High On A Flight

Oh man I have a good one.

I was in Amsterdam a few years ago. I had bought some magic mushrooms from a smart shop but got sick and didn't want to trip while coughing my lungs out.

By the time I got better me and my buddy had to hop on a flight to Rome with a brief 1 hour layover in Munich. So I ate about half the box before we went to the airport because obviously I didn't want to bring them on the plane. I started tripping as we were going through security. I had a little bit of a freak out. I kept thinking OMG the security guy is gonna know I'm tripping and not let me on the plane!

So I go up to the metal detector. A big rather manly looking woman was in charge and she asked me with a heavy Dutch accent if I had a belt on. I just blinked at her for a moment that seemed to last a lifetime, but in reality was probably only about a couple seconds. Finally I snapped out of it and said yes and proceeded to take off my belt. My belt got stuck as I was taking it off and then I went into another minor freak out. I kept thinking oh shit I'm holding up the security line OMG OMG!!!!! Finally I got it off and in the little basket they give you to put your metal items in. I go through and it's all fine. I found myself giggling, partly because I was tripping balls, partly because I realized I was freaking out in the line for no reason.

I put on the belt and walked to my gate and awaited my plane to board. Now the friend I was with wasn't really into drugs so I had to hide the fact that I was tripping from him. Which was really hard because I found myself giggling every few minutes. Me and my friend just sat there talking about all the shit we wanted to do in Rome. I tried to keep a straight face but couldn't. I kept giggling and smiling at all the people around me. Some of the people there probably thought I was a little retarded or something lol. But for the most part I played it cool. I just told my friend that the cough medicine I was on made me a act a little weird.

Finally we board. Now usually I have a fear of flying even though I fly all the time. So as we were boarding the plane I kept thinking that these shrooms might turn on me on the flight because of my fear of flying. I started worrying about turbulence because it was raining outside (which made me think of flying in a storm) freaking me out or a flight attendant noticing me acting weird or whatever. Finally I sit down and realized I was assigned a window seat. I tried to mentally prepare myself for turbulence as the weather outside was still rainy when I looked out.

When we took off and I felt the plane power up I tensed up, and for the first 30 minutes of the flight I was really nervous. But as we flew further and further south into Germany and as I peaked, I noticed outside that the weather was getting better and better. The Sun was shining on the beautiful German country side, and I was literally glued to the window looking out, amazed and in awe at how beautiful everything looked bathed in sunlight. And even though I am an atheist I felt something spiritual on that flight. Like I was looking out on creation and truly appreciating it for the first time here in my seat, sitting amongst the clouds.

At one point my eyes starting watering from a combination of my awe/reverence for the beauty outside and not blinking. I felt everything was going to be all right, that this trip was just the thing I needed, and that Rome was going to be awesome. Me and my friend kept talking about going to the Coliseum and quoting the movie Gladiotor as we are both huge movie buffs. Several times I had to mentally calm myself down from literally laughing my ass off and hugging ever one on the plane (yeah it was that kind of trip). The rest of the flight was a combination of me staring out the window and joking with my buddy.

When we landed in Munich the shrooms started wearing off. So by the time I got on the plane to Rome I was pretty sober. So then I ate a space cake I had bought from one of the Amsterdam coffee shops. So I spent the flight to Rome stoned outta my mind, which worked out well as I usually toke after I come down from a drug like shrooms.

All in all it was a really awesome experience although I probably won't ever do it again. Going through airport security while tripping is definitely not something I would recommend lol.

Last edited:
Lmao damn man thats quite the story. I hate heights, dont enjoy flying (not one single aspect of it, the lines, the waits, the security and abuse of my rights, etc), and would NEVER attempt what you did lol. Tripping+flying=bad news bears for me. I would be BUGGING OUT about everything you were, times a billion. I laughed my ass off at this part:

I kept giggling and smiling at all the people around me. Some of the people there probably thought I was a little retarded or something lol.

I can imagine that scene exactly. You in the waiting area, randomly smiling and seeming a bit slow. If I was watching and had 0 idea of hallucinogens and drugs, I would be thinking the same thing. "Awww a slow guy flying by himself. How brave!"

Funny ass story man lol.

Lmao damn man thats quite the story. I hate heights, dont enjoy flying (not one single aspect of it, the lines, the waits, the security and abuse of my rights, etc), and would NEVER attempt what you did lol. Tripping+flying=bad news bears for me. I would be BUGGING OUT about everything you were, times a billion. I laughed my ass off at this part:

I can imagine that scene exactly. You in the waiting area, randomly smiling and seeming a bit slow. If I was watching and had 0 idea of hallucinogens and drugs, I would be thinking the same thing. "Awww a slow guy flying by himself. How brave!"

Funny ass story man lol.

Thanks lol.

Yeah I was really surprised at how well I handled it. Up until that point where I looked outside at the German countryside I was right on the verge of full on psychedelic freak out! But somehow I managed to maintain composure.

As I look back on it now I realize it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. I mean seriously going through airport security on shrooms isn't fun AT ALL!!! But at the time my thought process was "I spent 20 euros on these shrooms and god damn it I am gonna take them!!"

Now I realize if even one thing had went wrong I probably would have freaked out. Say the weather was bad the whole way to Munich or something. I shudder at the thought haha.

Changing thread title to Being High On A Flight. The original title made me uneasy before I even opened the thread and can send a completely wrong message to users.

went to london with my dad for a day and I knew the flight was going to be long so I ate 30mg methadone my friend had given me a week before. had absolutely 0 tolerance to opiates at the time and had no idea that methadone lasts forever. kept falling down going through security and getting to the terminal, couldn't keep my eyes open because everything was blurry. slept the whole flight and was still incredibly fucked up when we landed.

gave my dad some bullshit story, I think I said I had a headache and a friend gave me an "advil" that was a sleeping pill lol

Xanax and whiskey for me on flights, please and thank you.

The goal is for me to PASS THE FUCK OUT and either wake up safe and sound or crash and die into oblivion...

Do you know if you're dead if you die in your sleep???