• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Been hooked on Adderall and Lexapro for years, need to find a way out asap

adhdanon

Greenlighter
I've been in a manic like state and can't get off either one, my doc has tried to give me low dose klonopin but I end up back on Lexapro because anxiety gets so bad, I think I only needed a lower dose of adderall which means I'll prob ask for dexedrine spansule since no anxiety with d-amp. However, not sure thats going to be enough for withdrawals and all. Got appoint on Monday again but needed some input going in there, I'm at end of my road here and lost great relationship and i don't blame her. bar exam is over and i need to be normal again now, even if it's a rough adjustment. Dex spansules 15 mg twice a day > Vyvanse cause don't get ED on Dex and got to figure out what to do with anxiety and lexapro/adderall withdrawals. Any help is appreciated please thank you

I was never hooked on my adhd meds until I asked my doc for dexedrine. I popped those mother fuckers like there's no tomorrow.

I am not a expert on stimulants but I have some friends who have used them for various reasons. I've heard and seen that even long lasting stimulants binges don't actually cause same kind of physical withdrawals as opioids for example. Mostly physical wihdrawals come due neglected drinking of fluids and other nutrients.

Psychological withdrawals are other story and cessation of long lasting use will probably cause cravings and anxiety atleast.

I am not a expert on stimulants but I have some friends who have used them for various reasons. I've heard and seen that even long lasting stimulants binges don't actually cause same kind of physical withdrawals as opioids for example. Mostly physical wihdrawals come due neglected drinking of fluids and other nutrients.

Psychological withdrawals are other story and cessation of long lasting use will probably cause cravings and anxiety atleast.

^ this. You can do a taper if you want, and have the self control. Why don't you stay on the lexapro and klonopin while you get off the stims, or are you just switching to a different stim?

^ this. You can do a taper if you want, and have the self control. Why don't you stay on the lexapro and klonopin while you get off the stims, or are you just switching to a different stim?

I agree with this approach, albeit I've never possessed the will power to taper off of many compounds, I'll share with you my most recent experience..

I was taking 90-120mg Average daily doses of Adderall IR for over half of a year and was getting 10mg IR Dexedrine off the street to compensate for going through my RX so quickly when it ran out. A few weeks ago I took over 200mgs of Dexedrine IR throughout the day and felt little effects and slept. I knew my dopamine receptors were shot..

I cold turkeyed and was baseline in 3-4 days...I am naturally very healthy and proactive with my health so times may vary but after day 10 I felt so much better...Lexapro and benzos all need to be slowly tapered but i'd continue to take them and kick the stims... What's the point of taking ADD meds if they stopped working months ago? Just a waste of drugs ;-).

Yeah, with what Captain Heroin said, if you start getting anxious you could have a panic attack. Those aren't fun, especially on amphetamines.