• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Banshee (TV Series)

Maya

Bluelight Crew
I have watched a couple of episodes from this TV series last night (Ep1 and Ep 2 Season 1). I've only seen a couple of episodes but I was impressed by the intriguing characters who make the story interesting such as Proctor and Lucas Hood.

Has anyone watched the series? What are our thoughts of it?

I can't believe no one else has seen this show. It is SOOOO good! I bought seasons 1 and 2 on a whim. They were packaged together for only $20.00, so I thought, what the hell. Never heard of it, but it'll pass the time. I was hooked from the first episode and binge-watched the first season in a day. I paced myself with the second season, because I didn't want it to end. Then I watched the first season all over again, until the third season came in from Amazon.

Like Maya said, this show is full of fascinating characters that either make you love them or hate them, sometimes both at the same time. The best way I can describe it is if Twin Peaks was gang banged by every awesome action movie from the 80's and every one of those movies injected a small amount of DNA into its offspring. The violence is so realistic and brutal, and it has some of the most intense and heart-breaking episodes I've ever seen. It's the first show since Breaking Bad that I absolutely fell in love with, from beginning to end. The first three seasons are on DVD and Blu-Ray, but the fourth and final season won't be on video until next year. But there are plenty of ways to watch it. Maybe. I mean, I would nev...ok I watched the fourth season online. I couldn't wait a freakin year. I'm only human.

My only complaint with this show? That it only ran for four seasons. But hey, Breaking Bad knew when to call it quits and would have probably went to shit if it had went on. I can only guess the same for Banshee. It's best to go into this show blindly, because there is so much to spoil. On the surface, it's a brutal action series. But as the series progresses, the characters and plot pull you in and shit gets real. Only four seasons, but damn, what great seasons they were. Not a weak one in the bunch, unlike other shows. Supernatural and The Walking Dead? I'm looking at you.