Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Bad 2CE + Cannabis trip.

Idznak

Greenlighter
I have taken 2CE about 15 times now with dosages being mostly 25-30mg. I have twice gone higher than the 30mg mark, once at 40mg and once at 50mg. My 50mg trip was very nice and I incorporated 100mg of ketamine about 5 hours into the trip which gave me a wonderful experience. However I decided I wouldn't go over 40mg in any later trips because my eyes become too unfocused and jittery and the experience wasn't becoming any more fun than with lower doses.

On the Sunday before last I had .45g of MDMA split into 4 doses. 150mg initial with 3x 100mg boosters throughout the night. It was an amazing night and I managed the comedown very well.

However last night I took 20mg of 2CE orally at 6:30pm after a meal at 5:00pm. I usually start a trip 60 minutes after my evening meal, but last night I waited an extra 30 minutes.
By about 8:30 I had expected it to begin making a difference because I usually get an hour of feeling nothing after taking it, then around an hour of feeling a bit ill on the comeup, and then at +2 hours I usually begin tripping quite quickly.
It took an extra hour for me to really feel any different effects, though it could have just been that I was expecting too much from a lower dose than I am accustomed to.
By around 10:00pm I decided I was going to smoke some cannabis, so I had about half a bowl in a pipe of very ground up weed. I quite enjoyed it and continued to watch things on my laptop.

At around 11:30 I decided I wanted to smoke another bowl to help me get to sleep because I was growing bored and wanted to sleep. (Usually I take 2CE at 6:00pm and wait until around 1-2am to smoke and then go to bed)

However by 12:00am after I had taken myself upstairs to my room my heart had begun racing like mad. I laid down and tried to sleep to calm myself down but everything I thought about were horrible images of the duvet being full of razorblades and I felt like I was bleeding out of every pore in my body and every nice thought I tried to incorporate into the maddness turned into something horrible like a scary voice or some other horrible image like someone cutting me.
Panicing, I turned the light back on and sat up in my bed. My heart was beating even harder now and my visuals were out of this world. The abstract floral wallpaper was properly coming alive, but I kept seeing faces and monsters in the patterns.
I messaged a friend of mine who tried to make me feel better but it was only marginally useful at distracting me from my thoughts.

I am a very logical guy, I like to work things out in my head and explain them to myself so I know what's going on. Unfortunately I was unable to logic my way out of the bad thoughts. And every time I tried to think of something nice it was like I was unable to think of anything other than awful things that I knew would make me feel even worse.

What I couldn't work out is why a lower dose than usual with less weed than usual gave me such an adverse effect.
The 2CE was from a bag I've had for about 3 months and never before have I had an issue with it. I have shared it with about 6 of my friends and none of them have ever had any complaints either.
The weed was some stuff I've had for about 2 weeks and used on various occasions, mixed with various other things including the MDMA week before last.

I should mention that 3 days ago I had my first smoke since the MDMA and it was the most blissful feeling I've had from weed since I first began doing it 2 years ago. I would imagine it had something to do with the MDMA comedown, but I'm not entirely sure.

So really I wanted to if there's any reason why this trip turned so bad? Was it a fluke or has something maybe changed in my mind that means I need a much lower dose next time? Another theory I have is that my body is still recovering from the MDMA which is why my heart went into overdrive last night.

If there's any other information you need I will be happy to provide it upon request.

Thanks
Idznak

Last edited:
Hey, welcome, thanks for sharing. :) I think the answer to your question is that every trip is different, plain and simple. I've taken 2C-E a variety of times. The first time I took it at 18mg (I have a much lower tolerance than it sounds like you do as the highest I have ever been willing to take it was 22mg - some people seem to react much differently to 2C-E than others dosage-wise), and it was very strong but very enjoyable and manageable. Then the next time I took 18mg again and had the most overwhelmingly intense trip of my life, I was convinced my soul was being obliterated and considering killing myself to make it stop. I watched reality deconstruct mathematically as I approached the void, and then entered the void. That was actually a very significant and valuable trip in retrospect but it was extremely difficult at the time. I've had good trips at 18-22mg since then, and once at 12mg I had a very difficult, dark and uncomfortable trip. The last time I took it, I took a mere 2mg (rectally) and it was quite jangly and uncomfortable, and surprisingly strong. 2C-E is simply powerful stuff, and m,any factors are at play that we don't have any knowledge of when it comes to psychedelics.

I hope you're right. I've noticed that so many people say that 20mg is as high as they would go, but I usually find 20mg to be pretty underwhelming. 25-30 is the sweet spot for me which is why I was so concerned why 20 did such damage last night.

I'm going to try it again in a week , either do 15 or 20. I was very scared at the thought of taking it again last night, but I think I just need to have another good experience to restore my faith in 2CE. I've read that bad trips on 2CE are very unforgiving, so hopefully I'll be able to conquer my fear :)

Are you on any medication which might dull the trip and require higher doses?

Yeah 2C-E is one of the most psychedelic chemicals in existence if you ask me, and I've done a whole bunch of them. Very serious stuff, very powerful, and quite unpredictable. But huge amounts of potential.