• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Baclofen vs phenibut

juniebjonezzz

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I have been on gaba centric drugs for about 5 years from lyrica to gabapentin to most of all baclofen 20mg 3x daily. My insurance is gone and my baclofen script is like 300$ a month. From what I've read phenubit is almost the same exact drug just looking for advice. I'm having some phenibut overnighted. Gaba withdrawal is by far the worst I've ever felt. Any experiences suggestions anything

Good vibes and much ❤

ive had terrible muscle spasms, am currently prescribed 15mg baclofen a day, usually get by on 7.. if i were to wd from them - would it be severe?

Phenibut is my enemy. I think it?s what made me have my seizures back in 2917 when I was yanked off of klonopin. I did a phenobarbital withdrawal so I was out of hot water. Than I ran out of phenibut and crap hit the fan.

Just be careful with it.

man 2917 was a crazy year.

I hope you didn't get stuck here because of the ketamine like me...

sent me right back.

I used baclofen sparingly for a few weeks and it helped with cravings for cocaine.

also just a general sense of well being

but I only took 5 mg every other day or so.

You both were born early enough to have experienced 2917, wow I assumed you were way younger then me.

It will most certainly help you.

If you adjust the dosage and timing these 2 should substitute each other very well.

is 15mg baclofen a day enough for serious withdrawals?

How much baclofen would be OK for opiate withdrawals from 0.2g H smoked daily?

How much baclofen would be OK for opiate withdrawals from 0.2g H smoked daily?

Two points a day for how long? And I honestly don't know much about baclofen, but can't ever recall see it mentioned as a med to combat withdrawal.

Hey guys so I have been on gaba centric drugs for about 5 years from lyrica to gabapentin to most of all baclofen 20mg 3x daily. My insurance is gone and my baclofen script is like 300$ a month. From what I've read phenubit is almost the same exact drug just looking for advice. I'm having some phenibut overnighted. Gaba withdrawal is by far the worst I've ever felt. Any experiences suggestions anything

Good vibes and much ❤

My personal experience is they are very similar, but each also had effects for me that the other did not. I developed a dependence on phenibut and it ended up aggravating my depression to the point of making me suicidal (keep in mind I was taking huge doses and not at all being responsible with it; just something to keep in mind).

I get a script for baclofen for a bulging disc in my back and sometimes take it daily for weeks at a time with no dependence or withdrawal issues. It actually works better for my back pain than any other muscle relaxers I?ve ever taken.

Phenibut to me is recreational and baclofen is not, though both most definitely give a boost in mood. I know that?s not what you?re looking for, just figured I?d put it out there.

I've been on 2 points H for a few weeks now. I was on a lot more until recently. I tried 100mg baclofen and it was too much. I was knocked out all day. I don't know how these people that are on 300+mg per day do it.

I'm going to try to give this some more time later, but it's worth noting that even those these drugs are chemically, very similar, they're often not fully interchangeable and Baclofen, in comparison to other well-known Gabapentinoids, is typically less-desired for its ability to mitigate withdrawal symptoms. Phenibut is typically more effective for this purpose, but that doesn't mean Baclofen won't work.

OP, it's not out of the question that you would receive the same benefit from Phenibut that you might from Baclofen. I would recommend trying it out. Are you going through all available channels to get the best price for your prescriptions? Unless you're on a higher than what is typically prescribed dosage, this medication should not be $300 /month.

This is me talking out loud at this point, but I've witnessed anecdotally that although Gabapentinoids are all chemically similar, in a given individual, one can be quite effective while another is ineffective. Then, there is another individual for whom Gabapentinoids act in a linear fashion and are all cross-tolerant, essentially.

What I'm saying is that, someone might just love Gabapentin (Neurontin), while say, Pregabalin (Lyrica) makes them totally dizzy and they hate it. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Please, price comparisons aren't allowed & unproductive to conversation

Last edited by a moderator: