• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Back from detox. Please comment on my sub schedule

ElleAZ

Bluelighter
Hello.

Medical detox was very effective. They took me off of the clonidine that messed up my BP AND the 30mg Oxy dependence. One more thing to conquer!

My current Suboxone taper, as prescribed by the doctor, looks like this:

Day 1-2 2mg sub 3 X day
Day 3-6 2mg sub 2 X day
Day 7-10 2mg sub per day then off

Background: I was only on the oxy for 2 months to begin with and had tapered to 30mg for four weeks before detox.

My w/ds leading up to induction were managed through medication, and consisted of stomach and leg pain and shakiness. I was induced at the 26th hour following my last dose. Very smooth transition.

I have had some chills, and a massive return of pain from every bump and bruise I've had since age 6, since starting the suboxone but have been comfortable otherwise, and have been able to sleep and eat at will. I could do neither on the oxy.

Does this taper, the very one suggested in the suboxone literature, sound reasonable? Should I be able to avoid the oxy w/ds and to not have sub dependence in less than 12 days?

I have pills, not tabs. Can't cut.

Also, my insurance paid for everything. I spent almost five days on a Behavioral Health floor and was monitored and medicated every four hours. I recommend this to everyone. I didn't know my insurance covered it, and the place was lovely. Boring, but lovely.

Also, I found that if I had the state insurance, I would have qualified for even nicer places!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Honestly, ive gone through medical detox for heroin for 5 days which was the worst part (at least physically). There they gave me a rapid taper of subutex over the 5 days, ending with 1mg morning day 5.

I took a lot less than they tried giving me (wanted to start at 8mg 2x a day but refused. Did 8, 8, 4, 2, 1 and was fine.

I'd say take only what you need to be comfortable for as short as you need it and be patient. Ive seen plenty people take unnecessarily large doses to try to feel better asap. For me it usually takes bout an hour to fully kick in.

Just do yourself the favor and keep it at that. If you need maintenance of some sort to keep you away, get vivitrol. Least you wouldn't be pumping an opiate into you to block the effects of your normal opiate doc. It really did help with the craving, and a one day decision that lasts 30 days is lot easier (imo) than having to take subs daily.

I wouldn't worry to much. The way the half life is the dosages will.stack, basically meaning your body will slowly kick the rest out for a little after you stop.