Site Feedback b/w style

tomtom73

Bluelighter
do you think, you could make a simple b/w style or better: white text on black background, to be able to read this on an e-paper device or ipad at night? that would really be great. i've some troubles with my eyes from time to time. thx a lot.

When I went on BL on my friends Mac using Safari the website was a lot whiter for some reason. I'm not sure if it was safari or Mac that caused it, or a particular setting he had, but it kinda made it black and white.

i'd be glad to make a css or theme for you, if there's just no one with the time for it ;-)

:) this will take some time, i'm not the fastest...
can anyone send me the bluelight aria style sheet or should i just "rob" it from the page?
i guess, vbulletin uses plain css themes, does it?

i like how proactive you are being about getting the changes you want tomtom :)

i don't handle any of the technical stuff, so you will let tambo or someone else respond to your actual post.

Couple of issues here.

When you said you wanted a black and white theme and that you would create it yourself, I assumed two things:

• You would realise that developing themes for the entire CMS package would take too long and require some commitment
  • If you maintained your interest, you would inevitably develop a minimalist theme with little maintenance requirements
Although the theme you link to isn't as heavily customised (graphical inserts, etc) as the one we normally use, I'm a little wary about taking on the maintenance of another 'premium' theme. vB themes are sold as finished products, but they never quite work perfectly and they're never quite coded in a way that makes life easy when updates occur (unless you pay for ongoing support) and we're still fixing glitches from our last upgrade. Doubling the trouble isn't something I'd be willing to sign up for.

Secondly, this is the first time somebody has ever asked for something like this. So, despite the generous offer, I'm a little cautious about acting on it for a single person. If enough people want it, then maybe we'll take it on.

I will admit that I quite dislike our current theme. :D I'd love to ditch it and move towards something a little cleaner and bolder, but that's a big decision that involves other people.

you're mostly right, tambourine-man :)

i quickly saw, that developing a new theme from scratch would really be an overkill. bw or color, no matter.
that's why i started to look for ready made themes, which probably just would need some "fine tuning".

i do understand, that this is connected with some effort, and since i'm the only one (yet) asking for it, it might not be justified.
maybe there will be other people joining in some time, who would also benefit from it.

but thanks for taking it seriously in the meantime. i really like this great forum. and my offer will be still valid in a couple of months or years ;-)