Recruiting [AUS - Melbourne] Ecstasy/MDMA use, Sleep, Mood and Cognition Study

Vanessa_Researcher

Greenlighter
I am Vanessa Smithies, a Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology) candidate from the School of Psychology and Psychiatry at Monash University, Australia.

I am looking for people aged 18 – 40 to participate in a study that aims to examine differences in memory, sleep, and mood among people who use recreational drugs and those who do not. Recruitment will be conducted from June 2012 – June 2013.

Where: Melbourne, Australia. Monash University, Clayton or Caulfield campus

Time: Main session (approx.1.5 hours), follow up session 12 hours later (approx. 45 mins)

Incentive: You will be provided with a $60 Coles-Myer voucher for your participation

What: You will be asked to complete some questionnaires and thinking skill tasks. You will be asked to wear a wireless headband during sleep for a week prior to the study

Who: Ecstasy/MDMA users and non-drug using controls aged 18 – 40 with no history of neurological or psychiatric illness, no history of major head injury, and no current sleep disorder diagnosis. Night shift workers and people with irregular sleep/wake schedule are also not eligible to participate

If you would like to participate, or you would like more information, please contact me via PM, or visit the study facebook page.

(This study has approval from the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee – Project Number CF12/0073 - 2012000014)

Last edited:
Good luck recruiting! :)

When you refer to ecstasy users and non-drug users is that current or past? i.e. would someone who used ecstasy previously but not any more be eligible?

Thanks for the encouragement!

We will accept people who have not used recreational drugs in the last 5 years, however we have some criteria regarding the degree of previous use.

If anyone is unsure about whether they would be eligible, I would be happy to have a quick chat or to clear up any specific questions via pm/email.

*poke poke* If any bluelighters out there want to help further ecstasy research and would like to know more about the study, please contact me!

We are still looking for ecstasy users to participate in this study, so please contact if you are interested! :)

We have increased the voucher value to more accurately reimburse you for your time input ($60 Coles-Myer voucher)

Please email us at the following address if you are interested, or you just want more information: [email protected]

Hello BL'ers!

We are having some difficulty finding people who are willing to participate in this study. I would like to put it out there and find out if anyone has any ideas as to the reason? Especially if you live in Melbourne. Any input appreciated :)

How are you going to participate if you live in texas and the study is being performed in Australia?

Thank-you for offering to participate :)

I've now finished up recruitment on this study and I am in write up phase. I uncovered some very interesting results, and I will post them here in more detail once I have finalised the paper.

A lot of signs have been posted in the city like gap strenuous exercise, keep awesome, verifying your pulse amount every so often gives you an concept on how involved you should be, you don't want to be operating while peaking on stimulating elements and die of a center stroke.

Signs Gold Coast

Last edited: