Recruiting [AUS] Interviewing Australian ‘young people’ who have participated in drug policy issues

YoungPeopleDrugPolicy

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelighters,

I’m Isabelle Volpe, a PhD Candidate at the Drug Policy Modelling Program at UNSW Sydney.

As part of my PhD, I’m conducting interviews with people who have participated in drug policy as a ‘young person’. I want to find out about different ways that Australian young people take part in drug policy activities, and what it feels like to be part of those activities. This is a link to the project on the UNSW website: https://www.unsw.edu.au/research/sp...nking-policy-participation-young-people-drugs

I’m hoping to interview people who meet the following criteria:
  • Participated or were involved in drug policy and/or drug policy issues in the past 10 years
  • Self-identified as a ‘young person’ at the time of participation in policy process
Participation would involve an interview (face-to-face, telephone or Teams/Zoom) that will take about an hour. I might also ask if they’d like to do a second interview (also ~1 hour), but this is entirely optional. Participants will receive GiftPay gift cards (these allow you to choose where you spend your money), as a thank you. Recruitment for interviews began in July 2022, and will run until approximately May 2023. The full thesis is expected to be completed in August 2024, and will be published in full online.

The study has received ethics approval from the UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee.

Thanks for reading - if you’re interested or want to know more, you can contact me at [email protected], or DM me.

Isabelle