• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

At what age should I start smoking heavily? (Hypothetical question)

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
Ok Im 26 right now and I don't smoke but

Let's say I'm gonna die at age 70 from some disease I had no control over

At what age should I start smoking as many cigarettes as I please a day, so that when I die at age 70 my lungs will be at their worst condition.... It it doesn't matter because I will be dieing anyway

Just curious guys

Not sure if this is against the rules.

But I I always had this question in my mind

Dying from lung cancer or worse, suffering from COPD and emphysema, is one of the worst ways to die. It is excruciatingly painful.

Imagine being unable to even breathe? With oxygen masks and tanks carried everywhere you go cause you smoked too much..

Is that the fucking way you wanna go? Cause it sure aint the way I wanna fucking go.

If you don't smoke, don't start, it's a nasty fucking habit and honestly I haven't smoked a cigarette in 10 days (switched to nicotine pouches..)

The mentality of, "Oh I gotta die anyways or die somehow" has caused me to do serious damage to my body and it's bullshit.

Do not hurt yourself more than you already have, your body is a temple and if you neglect to treat it properly you are gonna suffer greatly.

I believe the overall stats say that lung cancer occurs after about 30 years of smoking, on average.

So... start when you're 35.

yolo?

(however that's just lung cancer and not all the other shit like emphysema and COPD and smelling like an asshole 24/7)

I have to agree, like even us fucking junkies hate tobacco

shit sux

used responsibly, heroin is probably overall safer for your health... sadly (hypothetical pure heroin with perfectly reasonable safe use)

Ok Im 26 right now and I don't smoke but

Let's say I'm gonna die at age 70 from some disease I had no control over

At what age should I start smoking as many cigarettes as I please a day, so that when I die at age 70 my lungs will be at their worst condition.... It it doesn't matter because I will be dieing anyway

Just curious guys

Not sure if this is against the rules.

But I I always had this question in my mind
There's really no way to predict, unfortunately. We all know somebody whose parent or grandparent smoked 4 packs a day starting at age 12 and died at age 95 from something unrelated. But there are also people who smoke 10 cigarettes a day and die from lung cancer in their 40s.

For medical purposes, they usually record your tobacco history in terms of pack-years.* Which leads me to believe that the amount you smoke does play a role, but I've also read things saying that the overall risk level is not that much better for light smokers (even down to 1 or 2 cigs/day) than it is for heavy smokers, so I don't know...

*If you are 50 years old and you have been averaging 15 cigarettes each day since you started smoking at age 18, then you have a 24 pack-year smoking history (32 years * 0.75 packs = 24 pack-years).

I have to agree, like even us fucking junkies hate tobacco
I thought it was just taken for granted that almost every junkie smokes cigarettes, at least on an occasional basis. (Or at least used to do so, now that vaping is so widespread.) Nicotine has that unique power to bring on a nod... especially for something that is often considered to be a stimulating drug, if not a typical CNS stimulant.

There's no real answer to this question, everybody is different. There's ppl who smoke 40 cigarettes a day for 20 years a day and die at the age of 80. Others smoke for 10 years occasionally and die of cancer. But I'd say that if you've smoked for at least 15-20 years it's time to quit if you want some quality of life at the end stage....

i had an insurance agent that was in his 80s, his whole office was yellow, ash trays everywhere - it was great....i asked him how long he'd been smoking and he said 60 years....idk what happened to him but it was inspiring

i also had an aunt who smoked until she died at 89

Impossible to know how long you will live or when terminal disease will strike. When you get a terminal diagnosis then u can start Killing yourself with drugs and it won't matter.