• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Art as Philosophy

Journyman16

Bluelighter
Caveat: I'm not much into most paintings. I look at it and see if it stirs me in some way and if it does I think of it as good art. Most 'modern' paintings leave me cold and I fail to see why people pay so much for something a child might have done in a tantrum.

These drawings do not fit that category - I think they are stunning and evocative. Every so often we meet or hear of someone with an imagination so precise, so gifted, it is humbling.

I place the link here because of what they question about underlying philosophies of life and the world. If a Mod wants to move it, so be it.

Here's an example: (another 28 on the site) These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World

01-lwX495i.jpg

Facebook... :D

Thanks for sharing those, they were very thought provoking :)

I especially liked:

05-LCO0wfF.jpg

It was a tossup whether to do the facebook one or this...

09-mPv2cfI.jpg

Toxic Politician?

Unlike you I don't like that, because it portrays literacy as a burden, while I find it to be an advantage.

Ah... see I took it as showing that politics is toxic and we should not simply drink the stuff they spew so readily. Those seem to be speech papers in his hand rather than a book. And the 'Don't drink the water' seems fairly clear to me.

On the subject of art - can anyone see/feel anything when looking at this (divine gemometry visiual)?

1002454_629633797047884_845533437_n_0.jpg

If so, what do you see?

Don't you feel drawn into the centre by a sentrifugal force (like spirals do)?

It puts me in a very hypnotic state.

What do you think it represents?

Don't you feel drawn into the centre by a sentrifugal force (like spirals do)?

It puts me in a very hypnotic state.

What do you think it represents?

Center of the Universe, the galaxies (?)
You can look at it for quite sometime wondering the possibilities.
Yes, definitely the center is that force you mentioned..