• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Armodafinil/Modafinil AKA Nuvigil/Provigil combined with psychedelics?

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
I've searched around and found scarcely any info on this combo. Has anyone here got any experience combining Armodafinil or Modafinil with psychedelics

I'm thinking it might be interesting to combine a small amount of one of these with a 4-sub-T or 2C-X psychedelic for a bit more social/recreational trip. Especially thinking about 2C-E combined with Armodafinil, say 12mg 2C-E with 25-50mg Armodafinil.

Modafinil is barely even a drug. I've tripped a few times on the same day I took Modafinil and didn't notice a difference. Go for it.

Depends what kind of modafinil you're getting - if it's the cheap generic modalert I imagine the only effect that will give you is a tremendous headache. The terribly expensive genuine stuff is a lot better and has less side-effects but it's still nothing more than a cup of coffee.

Depends what kind of modafinil you're getting - if it's the cheap generic modalert I imagine the only effect that will give you is a tremendous headache. The terribly expensive genuine stuff is a lot better and has less side-effects but it's still nothing more than a cup of coffee.
Not all generic modafinil is weak. Modvigil is awesome... I've had Cephalon Provigil before and the only difference is in the price (Modvigil is about 4-5x cheaper).

Other than that, you're right. All it does is make you feel alert... there is no real stimulation or buzz with this stuff.

Not all generic modafinil is weak. Modvigil is awesome... I've had Cephalon Provigil before and the only difference is in the price (Modvigil is about 4-5x cheaper).

Other than that, you're right. All it does is make you feel alert... there is no real stimulation or buzz with this stuff.
Generics have to have an equivalent amount of the drug as the brand name & can only have a very small insignificant difference in absorption rate & bioavalibility. Any difference you feel is placebo.

I've never tried modafinal but I like adderall (amphetamine) with mushrooms. Not sure how it'd be with a psychedelic phenethylamine like 2C-X I imagine there may be an increased body load. With a tryptamine you should be good though.

Generics have to have an equivalent amount of the drug as the brand name & can only have a very small insignificant difference in absorption rate & bioavalibility. Any difference you feel is placebo.
In theory, yes.

Unfortunately the black market for pharmaceuticals is awash with sketchy generic/UGL brands out there that have poor quality control (MSJ diazepam???) and even counterfeits. You do have to be careful who you buy from.

That said, the Modvigil I have is no different to Provigil.

I've never tried modafinal but I like adderall (amphetamine) with mushrooms. Not sure how it'd be with a psychedelic phenethylamine like 2C-X I imagine there may be an increased body load. With a tryptamine you should be good though.
They're not even remotely similar. Modafinil isn't a real stimulant... it's a "wakefulness-promoting agent". It shouldn't affect the quality of your trip at all - a cup of coffee is more stimulating.

So.. the 'dafinils really aren't stimulants at all, and they probably have no effect on the sociability/recreational quality of a trip. Just "wakefullness promoters". I guess PDs are pretty "wakefullness promoting" themselves, but in a weird way. Sometimes certain PDs can have a really dreamy quality, and I've heard Nichols describe how the effects of PDs are somewhat like being awake while being asleep at the same time, so I'm still really curious about how a wakefullness drug could interact with a psychedelic trip. I imagine it might reduce some of the magic, but increase some of the focus... just a guess tho. Maybe they do basically nothing to a trip.

So.. the 'dafinils really aren't stimulants at all, and they probably have no effect on the sociability/recreational quality of a trip. Just "wakefullness promoters". I guess PDs are pretty "wakefullness promoting" themselves, but in a weird way.
Nice, that's an interesting way to look at it.

Sometimes certain PDs can have a really dreamy quality, and I've heard Nichols describe how the effects of PDs are somewhat like being awake while being asleep at the same time, so I'm still really curious about how a wakefullness drug could interact with a psychedelic trip. I imagine it might reduce some of the magic, but increase some of the focus... just a guess tho. Maybe they do basically nothing to a trip.
Possibly.
The thing about mods is that they're so subtle you can forget you've even taken one. If they do actually change the quality of a trip then I can't perceive the difference.

One thing I will say: I don't enjoy tripping when I'm very tired. It's boring and I tend to fall asleep pretty quickly. Tripping is mentally quite taxing and I find I need a certain level of awareness to get the most out of the experience.

Modafinil is barely even a drug. I've tripped a few times on the same day I took Modafinil and didn't notice a difference. Go for it.
Dexedrine er is far better and costs less ,milenkroot brand, am on 15mg er been on for 3 months, I asked my psychiatrist for a booster of dex 5mg er or 2x5mg ir boosters in afternoon, I was before on 40mg ir adderall which in equivelant to the dex, the dose should have been 30mg er dex and dumb fake doctor said she couldn't do that or some bullshit, so she asked if I wanted to try modafinil 200mg a day I regretfully accepts, I don't get how it works 600$ for nodafinil on my insurance surly don't make them happy, most expensive bottle of coffee I've ever seen, this is a truckers drug not someone with ADD, gives me no motivation, no energy, I'm waaay more irritant, like at anything, stupid buzzing noise, farts/bowels are annoying and I eat less on them than I did on dexedrine-_-, makes no sense, imma call doctor and give her 4 options, 1. Increase my dexedrine er to a level that works with me(30mg) 2. Ask for zenzedi ir 3. If those don't suffice for her then I'll ask for desoxyn 3. If she doesn't want to I will be frank and tell her she's my motivation for self medicating with illicit drugs, oooohhh boy I used to make street ice more cleaner than pharmaceuticals. But i reallllly don't wanna start my chemistry adventure from nothing again and I've cut off anyone I used to know(taught harm education and best way to use not to get to far deep)