• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

archetypes on psychedelic drugs, collective unconsciousness (Carl Jung)

I read Jung's autobiography. The man was very interesting and had a lot of really good ideas. His idea of how archetypes work and the collective unconsciousness and the two selves everyone have were all very outstanding in my opinion.

Well, Jung was a suspected Functioning schizophrenic, so it's no wonder his ideas were a bit out there. He is one of the most interesting personality theorists if you ask me, but his ideas are pretty far.

^ What exactly was is so far out there about them? I think many people just misunderstand his concepts, especially those of collective consciousness and unconsciousness. It might sound like something paranormal when it really isn't. :)

Personally, I've read some of his stuff and found it very interesting. He certainly expanded a lot upon Freud's ideas that were far too simplistic and blunt. I'm sure there will come a time when Jung's ideas are outdated as well, but they are pretty widely accepted and implemented in psychotherapy today.

To the OP: Well, archetypes are a common part of the psychedelic experience, because psychedelics enhance communication between the conscious and unconscious a lot. I don't really know how to expand on that at the moment. I think we can all relate, just like we can all relate with regards to archetypes and dreams. :)

I have something to say to this thread but I don't know how to say it.

this resonates with me well... ive always had a feeling like that but never had a definition for it until psychology class in 10th grade... good shit man :D

I have something to say to this thread but I don't know how to say it.

Same here. :\

This is a rather weird coincidence.... I was just a couple days ago asking my psychologist, with whom I have shared many details of my DMT experiences, about where to start in studying Jung's theories of the Collective Unconscious, because several heavy trips definitely showed me things that I can only explain through this vague idea I have about amplified primal mental debris... if that makes any sense. :|

I told you I didn't know how to say it! =D

As far as Jung's definition of synchronicities, that I have experienced a lot, both sober and not.

I have had definite Anima and Shadow-rising type experiences, although these have been pretty few and far between.

As for the more general archetypes, I have not had them occur much. It is definitely feasible that they have happened at once or twice when I was not completely knowledgeable to recognize them, but overall not so much.

because several heavy trips definitely showed me things that I can only explain through this vague idea I have about amplified primal mental debris... if that makes any sense. :|

Lots of sense :)

4E0cryQosWCE.png